• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flip cover for Leupold MKIV spotter

DT1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2006
Alabammer
Does anyone know where I might be able to find a Butler Creek flip cover for the objective lens of a Leupold MKIV spotter? It looks from the size that I'd need a #61 but I can't seem to find one anywhere.

I've got the scope mounted upside down on a TIM-17 and the cordura cover it came with does not work well with that mount.

Thanks for any suggestions or info!

Re: Flip cover for Leupold MKIV spotter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd pick up the Triad Tactical cover. Order of magnitude better than the factory cover IMO.</div></div>

Thanks, the Triad Tactical cover is a good one but won't work with my set up. Need a flip up cap for the objective lens.

The only currently available system is to get the Tenebraex ARD, that has the flip cover. BC no longer makes the larger covers. It was also required to use the sunshade, which Leupold no longer makes either.

Thanks Cory. BTW, I'm really enjoying the TIM-17, thanks for hooking me up!

What's the diameter? Quake industries make flip caps up to 2.45" just another option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sledge1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the diameter? Quake industries make flip caps up to 2.45" just another option. </div></div>

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, I picked up one (rather, a pair) of the Tenebraex covers and it fits perfectly. It serves the dual role of flip cover and ARD.