• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Floating Dot or Floating Cross hair in the center of the reticle?

I really like the APRS3 and the illuminated APRS5 in the Cronus.

It would be perfect if the entire reticle was not illuminated.

The illuminated cross of the Burris SCR really catches my eye when hunting on lower power. Almost works like a red dot. The sub tensions and reticle design are better on the APRS reticles, so blend the two for perfection...

I've come to really like the open center. I dial elevation, hold wind. On the centerfire rifles I've become more of a minimalist so I can see what's going on without a cluttered view. Give me just enough info to be usefull and I'll do the rest.

I do like the Dev-L with the dot on the rimfire though, as NRL doesn't give you much time to dial and I find myself holding much farther with the exaggerated wind effect on 200 yard rimfire shooting.

Ok this is timely. My next purchase will be a Cronus with floating dot. But you guys have me wondering if I will be able to see it, my close vision is fading fast. I wish I could view one before I buy.
Can you see a 22 Cal bullet hole at 100 yards? The dot is roughly the same size at that distance. Even if you loose the dot, bracketing between the main cross hairs works well.

As far as FFP midrange optics go, I'd still love to see more floating dot-tree options.

The .04 mil dot on the 3-15 PST Gen2 EBR7C is too small.

I have a Cabela's Covenant 5 FFP 3-15 that has a .077mil dot, and that is much better.

Athlon scope with floating dot here. Getting use to it. At large magnifications it's great but I'm in the crowd that says it disappears at lower magnification. In fact entire recital about goes away. With my older eyes maybe something around .5 center dot would have been a better choice then the .03. Or just shoot everything at full mag. ;)

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
For what I'm doing full magnification and floating center dot helps my old eyes a lot. I research scopes mostly by available reticles and magnification.

BLR-SFP-MOA.png

Of course it's SFP so irrelevant to what many are doing but it works for me.

VooDoo