• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flush Cup Options for Custom Build…?

Cloverstring

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2019
Next component needed for build is some flush cups for the stock. I’m planning on having 1 front and 1 rear installed on the left side and also 1 front and 1 rear on the bottom for different sling options.

This will be a normal carry hunting rifle with just a normal traditional sling. What do you recommend for type of flush cup and why? If I have my information correct, my options are:

Full Rotation - Allows full freedom of movement
Limited Rotation - Prevents twisting of tactical slings
Non-Rotating - Locks the swivel at 90 degree intervals
Non-Threaded - Allows for a cleaner finished appearance

Thanks!

Reactions: olgaol3
Only limited or non-rotating for me. Full rotation is a no go.

No idea what "non-threaded" means or how the improve the appearance of a fitting that is already supposed to be flush with the stock.

Limited rotation here too. I don't think I would put one under the forend of the stock. That may limit your rail options. You can shoot slung up with a cuff by using the front right flush pretty well.

You may not need a full length rail, but having a long pic rail installed under the forend is easy and cheap. And of course lots of pic rails come with a flush cup on the rail.

Non rotating or limited rotation is a must. Also put 1 up front on the right side. It does help when getting slung up.

Thanks all! Any real difference between LIMITED or NON for just a carry hunting rifle? I know I'm sort of splitting hairs here. Thanks!

Limited rotation here too. I don't think I would put one under the forend of the stock. That may limit your rail options. You can shoot slung up with a cuff by using the front right flush pretty well.

You may not need a full length rail, but having a long pic rail installed under the forend is easy and cheap. And of course lots of pic rails come with a flush cup on the rail.
I'm going to get a rail with a cup installed but I'm not sure how it'll work with my bipod installed?? Was just thinking to have a "backup" cup installed close to the rail in the stock. Rifle is at the smith and I want to have him do everything I want now so I don't have to send it back or do it myself later.

I'm going to get a rail with a cup installed but I'm not sure how it'll work with my bipod installed?? Was just thinking to have a "backup" cup installed close to the rail in the stock. Rifle is at the smith and I want to have him do everything I want now so I don't have to send it back or do it myself later.
A picatinny rail? Does your bipod attach to a sling stud or rail?

A picatinny rail? Does your bipod attach to a sling stud or rail?
Yes a pic rail. Bipod clamps to a pic rail. The pic rail I'm installing has a flush cup machined into it on the end. It's a 2.5" rail so there's some rail room for the bipod but not much. Not sure how it would all fit and work with a sling installed. Hence, why I want to put one in the bottom of the stock as well so I'm covered.

Reactions: olgaol3
If you could only pick one, would you pick the LIMITED or NON for just a carry hunting rifle? Thanks!