• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

fluted bolts

JxMAN25

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2011
Salem Oregon
hey guys i am just curious as to what a fluted bolt acomplishes other than looks and weight. thanks in advance. Jesse

Re: fluted bolts

it makes you look super cool at the range(I wouldn't mine having one done)

Just had mine done, near as I can tell all it does is look good but for me that was worth the 70 bucks
smile.gif

2hqyq7s.jpg

Does it really grind up brass. I don't care either way for them, but my templar can with it and it was the only option as far as I know.

I'm curious to know if it wears out brass in a worse way than a non fluted bolt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rhantz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just had mine done, near as I can tell all it does is look good but for me that was worth the 70 bucks
smile.gif

2hqyq7s.jpg
</div></div>

Where did you have it done at? That sure looks like a 5r you got there.
wink.gif

rhantz,

That is a nice looking flute job!!!

My wife would have made me upgrade the phone system before I could spend the money for flutes.

What stock is that? It looks cool too?
Miles

I had it done at Kampfeld Custom, great people to work with. Yes it's a 5r. Rotary phones will never go out of style
smile.gif

ok good to know. they do look awsome. Im sure ill have myne done some time in the future. Jesse

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Helped me save money on my car insurance.... </div></div>

I bet you stayed at a Holiday Inn too !
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Country DeVil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does it really grind brass? </div></div>

Nope.