• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fluted bolts

Paul1262

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2019
Considering the purchase of a Bergara HMR pro 6.5 cm fluted bolt for my standard HMR 6.5 cm. The new bolt is fluted has two lugs with a cone shaped bolt nose. The fluted bolt is designed for ease of removing and cleaning the firing pin. Price is $275.00 + tax. Good/bad idea ??????

It would be cheaper to send your bolt off to be fluted. Your new bolt may not headspace correctly which would require a trip to a gunsmith as well. Makes that $275 even more expensive.

It would be cheaper to send your bolt off to be fluted. Your new bolt may not headspace correctly which would require a trip to a gunsmith as well. Makes that $275 even more expensive.
Thanks - I hadn't thought about possible headspace issue.

Contact Long Rifles Inc. One of the best shops around. Chad will deliver a customer experience second to none. Extremely reasonable prices are awesome work. I’m local to them. Both of these bolts were fluted and out the door in 15 minutes

Attachments

• DCE6965F-783D-4F1C-AF81-20BB0C7F075E.jpeg
    DCE6965F-783D-4F1C-AF81-20BB0C7F075E.jpeg
    975.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
As others have said, just send your bolt out and have it fluted. I recommend Darkeagle customs, fair prices and quick turnaround. Here’s my savage bolt fluted by Darkeagle.

Attachments

• F06CEDE1-8A33-4B2B-A56F-8BF8E28DDA48.jpeg
    F06CEDE1-8A33-4B2B-A56F-8BF8E28DDA48.jpeg
    472.9 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Paul1262
As others have said, just send your bolt out and have it fluted. I recommend Darkeagle customs, fair prices and quick turnaround. Here’s my savage bolt fluted by Darkeagle.
Appreciate the photo and recommendation.

Appreciate the photo and recommendation.

Unless your current bolt is also coned, then a setback and rechamber to fit a coned bolt will also be in order.

Frank