• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Fly Anglers?

When I lived in Central Washington, fished the Yakima 2-3 days a week, fished the Bitterroot 3-4 times a year and would fish around Boise whenever I got over that way. Fished the Gunpowder 2-3 times a week when I lived in Ellicott City, MD. Now I fish Sun Valley, ID each late September when I'm in Boise for work.

hell yes -- am a winston guy with like 25-30 rods (glass, graphite and bamboo) ...

Fishing at high altitude for the native cutts in the San Juan's.

IMG_0210.JPG
Colorado high mountain stream.jpg

hell yes -- am a winston guy with like 25-30 rods (glass, graphite and bamboo) ...

Winston guy here myself and have a couple of older IM6 rods that are my favorite dry fly rods as well as WT's and Boron series. Have a few older Scott's including an Eclipse which is a very good all around rod.

Hello,

I'm a bass fisherman; lots of money in Abu Garcia reels and M and MH rods.

I also keep an ultralight around for challenges with bass, and for sunfish.

Fairly recently, within the past few years, I decided to get Grandpa's old fly rod out and begin practicing. That thing kept coming apart at the joint (two piece.) I put it up because I didn't want to break it.

I'd been thinking about buying another, modern, fly rod. The other day I found a bunch of flies in some stuff the previous owner left in our house. I took that as a sign and went and bought a fairly inexpensive fly rod.

We'll see what happens. I plan to target sunfish.

Regards,
Josh

Hello,

I'm a bass fisherman; lots of money in Abu Garcia reels and M and MH rods.

I also keep an ultralight around for challenges with bass, and for sunfish.

Fairly recently, within the past few years, I decided to get Grandpa's old fly rod out and begin practicing. That thing kept coming apart at the joint (two piece.) I put it up because I didn't want to break it.

I'd been thinking about buying another, modern, fly rod. The other day I found a bunch of flies in some stuff the previous owner left in our house. I took that as a sign and went and bought a fairly inexpensive fly rod.

We'll see what happens. I plan to target sunfish.

Regards,
Josh

Lots of good deals on high end fly rods on ebay. People buy $800 rods, figure they cant use them, sell them for $300 ...

Reactions: Josh Smith
I took up fly fishing about two years ago. I wish I had started sooner. I can walk out my back door and go 50y and be fishing in one of the best streams in KY for trout, bluegill, sun fish, and even bass. We have a few other local small streams that are good for trout in the spring, fall, winter. We travel a lot and I try to bring the gear when I can. Made a couple trips to WV and TN last year. Fished the Madison and the Galatin in Montana this past May. Just got back from fishing Colorado in the Rockies. Next trip is likely to be to TN/NC for some smokey mtn action. I like to use my 3wt with an ancient antique Phleuger reel on it. When I go out west a swap for the heavier 5wt or 6wt rods since the fish are usually bigger out there.

Irish

Reactions: pga43 and Mike 556
I'm a Sage guy with Lamson's on 'em. everything from a custom rolled 3wt. TXL at 6'6" to 8wt. for Steelhead and BIG trout.
brownie on walnut.jpg

29.5" 10lbs 8oz. My best Brownie to date but I'm still looking for better!

Reactions: Mike 556
I was really into fly fishing in the mid to late 2000's and then my truck was broken into and everything I owned was stolen in that moment. I was so burnt by that experience that I didn't replace any of it and didn't touch it again for nearly 10 years. I've just recently picked it back up and I'll admit I am all in now. I spend most of my time throwing at redfish on the flats down here, but I have a few trout trips planned for later in the year and I just put together a 3wt comb for panfish and bluegills. Odds are fly fishing will quickly compromise more and more of my time, money, and interest leaving guns on the back burner.

Attachments

• yypgoK7.jpg
    yypgoK7.jpg
    984.9 KB · Views: 19
  • SF9BdJe.jpg
    SF9BdJe.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 98oSpjP.jpg
    98oSpjP.jpg
    992.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Othpf3a.jpg
    Othpf3a.jpg