• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN Scar 16S CQC Barrel

jsmythe

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Nashville, TN, USA
I see on FN's website they have a 10" replacement barrel called the CQC, but they don't list a price on that or anything else. Does anyone know how much they are or who sells them? Also is anyone running a 10" CQC barrel on a Scar 16s?

These barrels are sold as complete assemblies (gas block, piston, bottom rail, barrel yoke, etc) from FN and are available to civilians. You can buy them without any NFA stamp as its just a barrel and it would be you making it into a SBR without having a stamp. The street price is roughly $1,100. They also have a 14" barrel assembly for the SCAR 16 and a 13" barrel assembly for the SCAR 17. I bought a 14" for my 16 and pinned a Surefire SOCOM 556 brake onto it so I wouldn't have to SBR it. Fitment was perfect as it is all factory FN parts and hardware. Waiting for the stamp still but here's a few pictures as it sits:

11815448926_5d9cb5b2d8_c.jpg

11814704855_1e74da5331_c.jpg

11815448786_48e3330b87_c.jpg

As for finding one, this is the cheapest I found that was in stock: FNH 98802 SCAR 16S 10-Inch Barrel Assembly, Cope's Distributing

I've been looking for info on this for some time now. 08GTCS is the 14" assembly exactly that length? Also the Surefire brake shows it is 2.7" but how much does it actually add to the barrel? Any what is the completed length? Thanks. Need to get over the 16" mark and don't want it all barrel.

I've been looking for info on this for some time now. 08GTCS is the 14" assembly exactly that length? Also the Surefire brake shows it is 2.7" but how much does it actually add to the barrel? Any what is the completed length? Thanks. Need to get over the 16" mark and don't want it all barrel.

Yes, the SCAR 14" barrel assembly is exactly 14" from the bolt face, not 14.5" like most all AR barrels. You have to be careful when picking a muzzle device so that it adds at least 2" to the barrel so you're still over 16" when its pinned. With the SF SOCOM brake, the brake covers 1/2" of threads on the barrel so that brings the total length to 16.2". There are other muzzle devices out there that work, it just so happened that I planned on running a Surefire SOCOM and their brake worked perfectly.

That is a sick set-up sir. What is your weapon weight without optics?

I appreciate it. I'm not sure on the weight. The Midwest rail extension added a bit more weight than I was expecting but it was completely worth it being able to extend my arm further and for how awesome it looks with the 14" barrel. I'll pull the optics and mag out to weigh it tomorrow.

Edit: Weight was 8lbs exactly (no optics, empty mag, AFG, rail extension, 14" barrel). Note, this was on a floor scale. I don't personally think it's quite 8lbs but I don't have a more precise way to measure it right now.

Last edited:
Yes, the SCAR 14" barrel assembly is exactly 14" from the bolt face, not 14.5" like most all AR barrels. You have to be careful when picking a muzzle device so that it adds at least 2" to the barrel so you're still over 16" when its pinned. With the SF SOCOM brake, the brake covers 1/2" of threads on the barrel so that brings the total length to 16.2". There are other muzzle devices out there that work, it just so happened that I planned on running a Surefire SOCOM and their brake worked perfectly.

Good looking set up there. I have a Branham rail on mine now and it doesn't quite get out there far enough.

I shoot 3 gun in another state and I don't want to file paperwork every month just to take it there. This might be an option for me. I have a SOCOM 7.62 Mini in ATF jail right now.

Hmmm so looks like the AAC T51 will not work then. Well that sucks. Thanks for your help.

Good looking set up there. I have a Branham rail on mine now and it doesn't quite get out there far enough.

I shoot 3 gun in another state and I don't want to file paperwork every month just to take it there. This might be an option for me. I have a SOCOM 7.62 Mini in ATF jail right now.

Thanks! I'm a big fan of the MI rail extension because of the extra length compared to other rail extensions, got rid of the front sight, and it fit perfectly with the shorter barrel. The SOCOM will probably tuck inside the rail about half an inch whenever it gets here.

I haven't run the SCAR in 3 gun yet but that's what I built it for. If you haven't already done so, get an aftermarket trigger for it. The Timney I put in mine made a world of difference from the factory trigger.

Hmmm so looks like the AAC T51 will not work then. Well that sucks. Thanks for your help.

Won't work unfortunately. Sounds like a good reason to go buy a Surefire SOCOM though.