• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN SPR - What works for you?

pdufrene

Private
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Luling, LA
I was wondering what works for you guys shooting FN SPR's in .308. I'm mainly curious about the similarities between the loads that work and don't work in these rifles, just to see if there is any consistancy. I would think with modern machining techniques, everyones results should be sort of similar. Of course there are so many other variables to take into account that the answer may not be what I expect. I think it would be really cool to graph the results (if enough people respond) and see where the sweet spot(s) are.

The forum doesn't do a good job searching on 3 characters or less, i.e. "SPR" or "FN", so it's tough to find what I'm looking for that way.

My best loads are:
168 Sierra HPBT - 43.6 Varget - Fed GM210M - Fed Brass - Mag length
175 Sierra HPBT - 45.0 Varget - Fed GM210M - Win Brass - Mag Length

Re: FN SPR - What works for you?

Sierras do not shoot well for me at Mag length.
For Magazine length ammo, A-Max out performs Sierra in my FN.
But, I got to tell’ya that 175 at 45.0 grains of Varget is too hot for mine.

Put 42.45 gn of rl15 behind the 168 gn SMK in either REM or HORN brass at 2.856". Stay with the load if you don't like but back slightly off the COAL

I had a chance to shoot mine last time I was home, had reloads for my remington along with 40 rounds of factory black hills 168, it shot the shit out of the 168's and did pretty good with the 175 SMK on top of 43 varget I have for my remington.

this is my custom SPR i have currently FOR SALE.....but first rounds downrange after i found the target board....155AMAX 45grn/varget/hornady brass...6groove .299 bore
MVC-006S-9.jpg

168 smk's, 43g rl-15, lapua brass, fed gm210m mag length

Mine works will with

43.7 varget
178 amax or 185 berger bt
Hornaday brass
cci br2 primer or cci mag primer.
Im using the aics mags so my COAL is at 2.89

My PBR likes 155s...and shoots much tighter with single loads than anything at mag length.