• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors FNH FNP-40 Opinions?

Opiy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
I did a search on this on FNP- 40 and FNP 40 with no results. I am curious what you guys think of it. I read it was compared in size to the Glock 19 which I own and think it was a good size for me in conceal carry.

How accurate is it?
Ease of cleaning and stripping?
Any known problems?

I am thinking of this or the HK USP Compact. I hope to get to handle them Tuesday. I held the Sig P250 but something about the feel I wasn't quite happy with.

Thanks
Larry

Re: FNH FNP-40 Opinions?

I have one in 45. It is very easy to strip and clean. Accuracy is excellent. It is a little bulky, but if you have bigger hands you'll be fine. Mine came with 3 14rnd magazines.

I carry a the .40 regularly on and off duty and the .45 on duty. Both are great guns but if you are buying primarily for concealed I would lean toward something a little smaller than the FNP .40 the grip is compact but the slide is a little bulky. Both are good to shoot, reliable and accurate. I really like the .45, having 16 rounds of .45 is nice but it is definitely a big gun.

The FN.40 is one of the most under rated pistols available. I have shot one a bunch, and love them. More accurate than I am, and one tough gun. Trying to get a local Dpartment to switch to them. They like everything about them so far. Their SWAT team loves the double stack .45. Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one in 45. It is very easy to strip and clean. Accuracy is excellent. It is a little bulky, but if you have bigger hands you'll be fine. Mine came with 3 14rnd magazines. </div></div>

Same here, I love my 45 variant and I have shot the 40 and liked it as well. Very under rated pistol, simple to strip and clean and a great shooter. If you can find one buy it.

Adam

I got to look at the FNP-9 and the USP-40 side by side today. The HK is just a little bit shorter in the barrel length and it seems to weigh just a bit more (maybe from differnece in caliber?) but I kinda liked the FNH more. I liked it because the trigger was just a bit more forward than the HK and it seemed just a little less weight. I kinda wish it was just a little bit shorter. I also like the de-cocking lever like the SIG and the hit in hand. Considering there is something like a $240 difference it is starting to make this an easier decision. Plus I can get a steal on one on Gunbroker.com