• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Folding stock 20" barrel rifle...Will it fit in a hard sided Guitar case???

TheChad-->

Veteran Shooter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2012
Texas
So I have this idea for a rifle build I'm starting... I want to transport it in a Hard sided Guitar case. Will it fit? I'm going to use the KRG W3 Gen4 folder chassis with a 20" barrel and muzzle break. Maybe someone has done this and can give me a particular case model that works, and foam to use.... Thanks!

More times than I can count! lol
Dont hate on my idea, it would be less obvious when traveling and just kinda cool i think!

That's cool... But I'm looking for a hard guitar case. Padded just isn't gonna be enough protection I don't think...thanks though

Good idea. I've used a hard golf bag case travelling for 3-gun comps and it works super well - doesn't say "guns" at all as long as you dress the part. I'm pretty sure you can find a hard sided guitar case that will fit the rifle you describe and it will work fine until someone picks it up and notices just how heavy your guitar is.

Im thinking that a SKB guitar case will work, and just buy some thick foam pieces to cut to fit.

You might just try taking some dimensions and wandering down to a Guitar Center (pretty popular musical instrument store these days), and measure one out. They usually carry standard as well as dreadnought sized hard cases. I'd think you'd have to do some surgery to the case where the neck of the guitar is typically supported, but it should be more than long enough for a folder (maybe even excessively so).