• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Folding stock for pistol

Jdpalm3

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
Blacksburg
ok, so i saw the other day a rifle style stock for an auto pistol... it attached at the bottom of the pistol's grip. gun had a vertical foregrip and a folding stock mounted on a glock .40... Anyway i have been trying to find who makes something like this and so far have been unsuccessful. Anyone know? Im not even sure what it would be called but thought it looks awesome for accuracy and would add another dimension to pistol shooting

Re: Folding stock for pistol

I could be wrong, but I think that turns it into a short barreled rifle, requiring registration with BATFE.

I'd be very careful and know all the laws, both local and federal, before attaching any stocks to a pistol.

Jason, I was under the same impression.

the ones ive seen are made by Fab Defense, and if you put it on a regular glock it makes it an unregistered sbr. they were originally designed for the glock 18 which is selectfire and can have a buttstock.

I've seen similar for the Berreta (93R) looks like a 92F but has a fold down fore grip and 3 shot burst, wire stock attached some way or another. Long time ago in a land far far away.

Cheers,

Doc

Here's a link to purchase the Fab Arms unit (READ THE WARNING)
http://www.botachtactical.com/tacglockstock.html

Here's a few others...
0180a.jpg

grs_stock.jpg

I believe you could make a pistol into a rifle but not a rifle into a pistol. meaning if yo added a 16" or larger barrel to your glock 1st then added the stock you would be legal. The you would have to disassemble in reverse order to be legal again. At any rate the BATF would probaly still have you by the balls for having the stock in the house as it would be to easy to MFG an unregistered SBR. And yes, there are 16" glock barrels out there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unless it's select fire, what's the point??? </div></div>

tacti-COOL..................lol

Barring any prohibitive state laws, if you install a 16" barrel on your pistol you may then legally install a buttstock and pistol grip. The weapon now qualifies as a rifle.

You MAY NOT install a forward pistol grip OR a buttstock on a pistol.

You MAY register your pistol as a Short barreled rifle and then install a buttstock and forward pistol grip.

You MAY register your pistol as an AOW and install a forward pistol grip.

No one is going to have a problem with you possessing a 16" barrel and buttstock for your pistol as long as you have the parts to make a legal configuration. If you only had the stock and no 16" barrel with an UNregistered weapon then you may be in "constructive possession" of an un-registered SBR.

Clear as mud right?

Select fire or full auto pistols are Machineguns and the SBR and AOW rules do not apply since a Machinegun must be registered on it's own.