• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Follow Through

Q-Unit

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2013
OR
Correct me if I am wrong, but if I am set up for a shot well, shouldn't I be back on target after the recoil? I am not exactly new to precision rifles, but it seems like whenever I shoot, I have to readjust to get back on target.

If I am getting my rounds on target and can consistently shoot a 1MOA group it seems like I am doing most things right. As far as I know I practice all the fundamentals. I feel stable when I shoot and shoot decent groups in my opinion. Anybody have any ideas what I might try to get a little better follow-though.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if I am set up for a shot well, shouldn't I be back on target after the recoil?

It might be nice to find yourself back on target, but it has absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, squat to do with follow-through. In fact, not finding yourself on target may be a good indication that your follow-through is already excellent.

Follow-through is nothing more than continuing to keep your muscles relaxed for a moment after the shot breaks. Trying to get the rifle back on target after the shot breaks can require muscling, which is not proper follow-through. As you are finding yourself off target and getting decent groups indicates your follow-through is fine. Being off target after the shot is fired has more to do with body positioning, and that is where you need to guide your question.

M40, thank you. Thats exactly what i am looking for. I will pay more attention to my body position at my next range trip. Hopefully I will notice a difference.