• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For the love of God, stop fantasizing about a war between US citizens and their military

I will say that if you take a survey of US (and world) history you will find that militaries will salute and open fire on their own people (and even fellow veterans) 99% of the time. We don't train our enlisted or our officers to defy orders. Think about, in boot camp, how long was spent on unlawful orders, and how much time was spent on following orders... There you go.

I'm pretty sure that Shay and the Bonus Marchers did not expect their brothers in arms to attack them. They were wrong.

That, of course, does not mean they will win, they most certainly won't. They would have no chance. The fever dreams of leftists, and leftist politicians murdering their political opponents with with our military omits the fact that they are hilariously outnumbered. There are about 500K, fieldable soldiers across all branches from a total population of about 3M. VS 78.6M gun owners. That's half a percent in comparison. If 2% of gun owners resisted confiscation our military would be outnumbered 4-1 by an insurgent army... It's more likely that 3%-5% would actively resist, and that's above 10-1 odds. In short, the military would have ZERO chance to beat the American people. This is not even considering that every time they killed someone they would create ten more enemies. The math is ridiculous.

Last edited:
This picture seemed somewhat germane to the subject.... I live between Good Luck and Guerilla Warfare's Wet Dream, that seems about right.
tumblr_pdzddlOTAw1r9jh7e_1280.jpg

I will say that if you take a survey of US (and world) history you will find that militaries will salute and open fire on their own people (and even fellow veterans) 99% of the time. We don't train our enlisted or our officers to defy orders. Think about, in boot camp, how long was spent on unlawful orders, and how much time was spent on following orders... There you go.

I'm pretty sure that Shay and the Bonus Marchers did not expect their brothers in arms to attack them. They were wrong.

That, of course, does not mean they will win, they most certainly won't. They would have no chance. The fever dreams of leftists, and leftist politicians murdering their political opponents with with our military omits the fact that they are hilariously outnumbered. There are about 500K, fieldable soldiers across all branches from a total population of about 3M. VS 78.6M gun owners. That's half a percent in comparison. If 2% of gun owners resisted confiscation our military would be outnumbered 4-1 by an insurgent army... It's more likely that 3%-5% would actively resist, and that's above 10-1 odds. In short, the military would have ZERO chance to beat the American people. This is not even considering that every time they killed someone they would create ten more enemies. The math is ridiculous.
The Jag officer that taught about illegal orders to our group at Ft Jackson in 86 made an impact on me.
Of course I am an asshole and while I tended to be the one called in to solve problems I was also hated for questioning stupidity.
It was a love hate relationship kind of like my current marriage...

perhaps the clotshot was a way to ensure only the type that will follow orders unconditionally will remain?

The article was surprisingly honest.
Too bad they overlooked violating Posse comitatus in addition to the 2A.

if it gets to that, it means any laws and the constitution will be null and void.

i read most of the article. but i think the title is misleading. no one is fantasizing about armed conflict in our front yards and towns. it would be the death of everyone we all know and love. its a nightmare. unfortunately, when you have people who are preparing for that nightmare, it means something has gone horribly wrong.

Even if Biden believes f16’s always win the day history very much proves otherwise, especially in the 20th and 21st centuries under supplied and under gunned forces have often prevailed against vastly superior invading armies, and even more so when that army isn’t emotionally invested in the fight. And yes if the military was deployed for combat into states they would be seen as a invading army. One of my favorite explanations of this was in the civil war. The Union pushed into Kentucky early and was actually surprised by the resistance. A Union officer asked one of the rebel prisoners “why are you fighting us?” The prisoner answered “because you are here”.

Last edited:
Comment “The military won’t fire on us”...

Uh wut? What dream world do you live in? Why do you think they are making the military an arm of the left wing and running off people who love the country you moron? Probably think the police are here to protect you also, sorry to say many aren’t.

Obviously there are good and bad people in both, but when the bad people run it you’re their new enemy.

Last edited:
They’re not entirely wrong. The average citizen has no concept of asymmetrical warfare, nor the compunction to actually be an active participant. It’s the ones that do understand and understand the stakes that would make the difference.

anyway, i do think the idea of fighting the government is silly.
for one thing, there are no clear boundaries.
only glowies and people subverted by glowies would even consider armed conflict with our own government.
in case anyone is listening...

The main fear I have ; the phantom of my nightmares- hopefully they don’t send hardened killers who spit at danger like the Uvalda tac response team to take our arms! They remind me of the Death Commandos in DUNE.

How else am I gonna get a chance to kick doors and fill floors iffin we never duke it out with the gubment?

Whether we like the idea or not.
It is coming.
I do not want to protect myself from Americans who have been led to believe they are doing the right thing by unscrupulous politicians.
But I will.
No hesitation, no remorse.

yyyyyyeeep well... i'll just click that watch button and sit back.

I agree with the history part.

I will say that we do train on unlawful/illegal/immoral orders and our rights/duty to not comply.
"I ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

"Mission command is new U.S. Army doctrine that calls for a more flexible approach to command, allowing the subordinate greater room for initiative and creativity. Milley’s disciplined disobedience is an acknowledgment that orders may sometimes be disobeyed in pursuit of a larger objective or in order to maintain professional and ethical standards."

• Haha
Reactions: wade2big
Fancy new name for outcomes based training?
Yes, to put it simply. There is a bit more involved and of course emphasis in specific area of importance.
It is focused on combat/dynamic operations and since we train as we fight it also plays a part in training, it is an over arching philosophy that emphasizes decentralized command and emphasizes the importance of commanders intent at the ground level while still having the responsibilities of command and control.

Basically they created a name for something we have been doing for a long time. It is all part of emerging doctrine and trying to codify a baseline for the how and why we do what we do.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
It is focused on combat/dynamic operations and since we train as we fight it also plays a part in training, it is an over arching philosophy that emphasizes decentralized command and emphasizes the importance of commanders intent at the ground level while still having the responsibilities of command and control.

Basically they created a name for something we have been doing for a long time. It is all part of emerging doctrine and trying to codify a baseline for the how and why we do what we do.
So outcomes based training with a fancy name.

Same concept, that was supposed to show the soldier “why”. Allowed younger soldiers to free think basically. Give them a mission, how they accomplish it was not set in stone like “step by step”, or “by the numbers” philosophies. As long as it was done safely, effectively, and within some reason, it was good.

Basically, they were given a start point, and and end point with tasks to achieve along the way.

AWG started this about 15-18 years ago. They used the CAT-C to facilitate the integration into regular army units, and tradoc units. Everyone thought CAT-C was a shooting course, but shooting was just the vehicle to deliver the concept.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
So outcomes based training with a fancy name.

Same concept, that was supposed to show the soldier “why”. Allowed younger soldiers to free think basically. Give them a mission, how they accomplish it was not set in stone like “step by step”, or “by the numbers” philosophies. As long as it was done safely, effectively, and within some reason, it was good.

Basically, they were given a start point, and and end point with tasks to achieve along the way.
It was also designed for staffs and leaders. Army still maintains the Command and Control philosophy but under a Mission Command framework. If you want some good reads, have insomnia or no life there is a lot of doctrine and articles on this.

AWG started this about 15-18 years ago. They used the CAT-C to facilitate the integration into regular army units, and tradoc units. Everyone thought CAT-C was a shooting course, but shooting was just the vehicle to deliver the concept.
2005 Ft Campbell my BN CDR told my peers and I before our deployment that as long as I am following his intent and that what I am doing is morally, ethically and legally correct that he will back us up.
Two times he backed me up, keeping his word. One time was in a fight I got my team into in Baghdad when I violated my Brigade Commanders orders to be restricted to FOB during Ashura in 2006 (I think it was a directive from the 4 ID CG). We heard a fight going on and got the trucks and guys loaded up, we went out the wire and called up our patrol after we exited. We got into a fight and killed some militia and the CG from 4 ID at the time made some comments about us (MiTT) thinking we are some ODA direct action team and some other crap. I was fully expecting to get hammered for violating the orders I was given, but my boss said what I did was right and that he had my back, and he did.

Clearly some folks (mostly those who never took an oath) have learned nothing in nearly 21 years of protracted asymmetric warfare waged around the world.

Remember Dorner in LA? Took lots of resources to catch and kill him. Yes, he died, but one man can use up lots of resources.

Just because you think a civil war can happen doesn't mean you want one to.

On vacation. Haven't watched it yet.

I think anyone that has seen war. Knows this is not what we want. I just want to be left alone. I wanna farm, target shoot and enjoy my life.
But it's getting to a point.
A decision point.
Are we gonna let it keep going down hill?
Or... Well, I think we know what needs to be done. In minecraft..

I agree with the history part.

I will say that we do train on unlawful/illegal/immoral orders and our rights/duty to not comply.
"I ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

"Mission command is new U.S. Army doctrine that calls for a more flexible approach to command, allowing the subordinate greater room for initiative and creativity. Milley’s disciplined disobedience is an acknowledgment that orders may sometimes be disobeyed in pursuit of a larger objective or in order to maintain professional and ethical standards."
Thanks for the laugh my man. I needed it.

@Conaso, you made the thread and posted the link but didn’t comment on it. What’s your thoughts. It’s your thread and worthless without them.

Ah. Silly little citizens with body armour and AR15.

The fucker fails to mention the US military has been failing since Vietnam to opposition less equipped than the average American.

The same average American that works in factories that produce the military's equipment and munitions will only have AR15 and body armour.

All that without considering veteran and active duty LE and military to strategize and mobilize armed civilians.

Stupidest thing I've read in a while. At least he mentioned any conflict will be bloody and protracted. Fuck is that news or what!? Armed combat is bloody. Give this guy a fucking award already.