• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes For those of you with FFP...

Re: For those of you with FFP...

The parallax adjustment is a non-issue at shorter distances if you power down. I've ran my 3.8-22 SN3's at 7yds fine dialed back a bit. I actually run a 3.2-17 Ergo SN3 on my 22 trainer without issue.

I know why Steve wants a 10 yard parallax... You have to check out his air rifles!

Steve just get a S&B 5-25. Parallax down to 10 meters. Nice and clear on any power. One of the reasons I really like the scope for matches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve just get a S&B 5-25. Parallax down to 10 meters. Nice and clear on any power. One of the reasons I really like the scope for matches. </div></div>

That and the glass clarity are 2 things I've always liked about S$B. Been tempted to get one for years but I'd have to start selling a bunch of stuff to do so. When the economy took a dump so did my finances unfortunately.

I hope if I complain enough about scopes not having 10Y parallax some of the other scope companies will get tired of me bitching all the time add that feature to there line.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billyburl2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know why Steve wants a 10 yard parallax... You have to check out his air rifles! </div></div>

I sure would like to have good affordable FFP scopes on my Field Target rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The parallax adjustment is a non-issue at shorter distances if you power down. I've ran my 3.8-22 SN3's at 7yds fine dialed back a bit. I actually run a 3.2-17 Ergo SN3 on my 22 trainer without issue. </div></div>

I'm guessing your USO has less than 50Y parallax?

Every 50Y minimum parallax scope I've owned has been blurry on it's lowest power inside of 15Y or so.

Not having the 10Y parallax on my tactical scopes isn't a big deal of course. It's just that since I have the feature on my air rifles I have grown to appreciate it. Being able to focus a scope up close is a + for me. Especially when shooting the less than 50Y stages at the tactical matches. Remember when you looked through Ty's March 6-24 on 24X at 10Y, pretty cool feature aye.

The March is awesome up close, actually freaked me out how well it worked!

Dedicated up close, like for your Field air rifles, isn't exactly what I was thinking of. I haven't had any problems with mine for the stuff I've ran into at precision rifle or 22 PR training, but they probably aren't the scope for shooting 5-50 yards all the time.

If a lot of shooting inside 50 is the task, I'm no expert. I barely know what I'm doing at 100-1100
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wvlapua</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Country</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put forward this idea some years back. I want a scope with the very center cross a SFP so it never changes width and the rest of the cross hair outside that is in the FFP to range and hold with. </div></div>

Interesting idea..sounds like a winner to me. You should team up with a japanese scope manufacturer to design this. You'd have to buy a ton of them though.

</div></div>

You all been sleepin or what? US Optics has a 1.5-6 SN4 that's DFP, and SN3's are in the works.
Rafael has been working on it with manufacturers with hide presence and input for a while now... </div></div>

He is talking about this thread:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3503594&page=39
I added a post showing a new link to the original DFP pics.

I've just spent an exuberant (sp) amount of $ on FFP due to being F'd by SFP too many times. Ranging, movers, hold over/under etc.
'Gone to S&B PM11 5-25--no more problems, just am now broke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've just spent an exuberant (sp) amount of $ on FFP due to being F'd by SFP too many times. Ranging, movers, hold over/under etc.
'Gone to S&B PM11 5-25--no more problems, just am now broke. </div></div>

ROFLMAO

Gives me food for thought, in many ways.
grin.gif

=p exorbitant you mean. Exuberant implies you're excited about it, and you sure don't seem excited about watching $3000+ go into someone else's pocket!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've just spent an exuberant (sp) amount of $ on FFP due to being F'd by SFP too many times. Ranging, movers, hold over/under etc.
'Gone to S&B PM11 5-25--no more problems, just am now broke. </div></div>