• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For those on the fence about Labradar

I got to try out a Labradar today.

Worked really well.
I was impressed!

My 140 BTHP plinker load was still happy

That plug....is it electric or battery operated?

I'm gonna end up getting one, I think. My MagnetoSpeed works, but I like this idea better.

I cant for the life of me figure out how anybody could need LESS sensitivity. So far this is my only complaint. I'm actually wondering if mine has a sensitivity problem

Probably a necessity for those wanting to use it with .338, .460, .50...

I finally found a used one needing a new home last week, and am planning to take it out for its first session tomorrow. I’ll be working up data for my .260 loads, and my buddy has some .308 load work to evaluate so we should be able to put it through the paces.

I put my Labradar in a pelican case for transport, but it has been to some bad places with me and always come back just fine.

I'm that guy on the fence.

Here is what I came up with... why do you not see Labradars up for sale? It is a rare occasion to see one come up for sale. Not a lot of Magnetospeeds out there either but it is more often for that to show up.
Guess I'm in the market for a Labradar.

I'm that guy on the fence.

Here is what I came up with... why do you not see Labradars up for sale? It is a rare occasion to see one come up for sale. Not a lot of Magnetospeeds out there either but it is more often for that to show up.
Guess I'm in the market for a Labradar.
I don’t think you’ll regret the decision. Especially if you want to use it with multiple guns. Fiddling with mounts and tiny screws in the dirt and grass got tiresome for me.

Reactions: Rover31
I use an old computer bag, has good padding. I hook the bag to the tripod at the center for weight.

I did have a buddy print some corner protectors Incase it blows over. Lmk what you think.

Attachments

• 8D3AEA35-AC78-4EF5-9A56-9608220521A3.jpeg
    8D3AEA35-AC78-4EF5-9A56-9608220521A3.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 82
I use an old computer bag, has good padding. I hook the bag to the tripod at the center for weight.

I did have a buddy print some corner protectors Incase it blows over. Lmk what you think.
That looks legit. I think accidentally kicking it over is far more likely than wind blowing it over but better safe than sorry.

Good info. I've been on the fence for several months. Really thinking about picking up a Lab Radar.

I feel like the labradar vs magnetospeed debates here are worse than any sports rivalry.

@Racer88 that can be tricky, but as long as people aren’t shooting across your lane, you should be ok. Getting it set up, and knowing how close you need to be, and what settings are ideal to pick up your shot without being too sensitive takes some trial. Probably best combined with the accelerometer trigger.

I had a magnetospeed, then the wiring in the bayonet went bad and I switched to the labradar. The labradar is a much better experience for me.

This is what I have for aiming my labradar. It has become very fast for me to chrono a batch of guns now.

It can run off of AA batteries or a USB battery bank.
What USB battery bank do you recommend?

I like my Labradar.
Like above, I use a $3000 tablet in the field and don't drop it every chance I get.

I multi tasked a lower portion of a high-power spotting scope stand and put a Pergear head on it for bench use.

No problems with 22 lr up to 458 win mag and Muzzleloader.