• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For Those With A Knee-Mail Account,

Sean the Nailer

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Mb.
    We'd sure appreciate a few prayers for my Brother-In-Law. He's been in the hospital since May of this year, and we're simply asking for him to be healthy-enough to be home for Christmas.

He went in with sepsis due to complications from a leg amputation in '17. The hospital professionals in all their wisdom kept changing his medication AND the amounts.

Then he got MRSA, and they had to change the medication yet again. But it didn't work on the sepsis, so while the MRSA was being addressed, the sepsis got worse.

I forget why/what happened, but he needed 'faschiotomies' (however you spell it, I'm not a fascist) where they slashed open every 'connecting limb' (Shoulders to elbows, inside and out/hips to knees, top and bottom/knee to ankle, both sides of the calf)

Then they were looking at sending him home to be 'comfortable' because there wasn't any point in having him do physio. (yeah, we'd still like to have a wall-to-wall negotiation with that doc)

Then they tried giving him 'dual meds' for the MRSA and the sepsis at the same time, and he got OTHER issues. (I forget at the moment what stage that was)

So now, today, 6 MONTHS later, they are still/yet giving him the particular antibiotic for the sepsis, which HASN'T gone away quite yet. Getting close though.

Yeah, My Lady is asking any and all who Pray, to please Pray for Terry to be home for Christmas. (he's 41 now)

We'd sure appreciate a few prayers for my Brother-In-Law. He's been in the hospital since May of this year, and we're simply asking for him to be healthy-enough to be home for Christmas.

He went in with sepsis due to complications from a leg amputation in '17. The hospital professionals in all their wisdom kept changing his medication AND the amounts.

Then he got MRSA, and they had to change the medication yet again. But it didn't work on the sepsis, so while the MRSA was being addressed, the sepsis got worse.

I forget why/what happened, but he needed 'faschiotomies' (however you spell it, I'm not a fascist) where they slashed open every 'connecting limb' (Shoulders to elbows, inside and out/hips to knees, top and bottom/knee to ankle, both sides of the calf)

Then they were looking at sending him home to be 'comfortable' because there wasn't any point in having him do physio. (yeah, we'd still like to have a wall-to-wall negotiation with that doc)

Then they tried giving him 'dual meds' for the MRSA and the sepsis at the same time, and he got OTHER issues. (I forget at the moment what stage that was)

So now, today, 6 MONTHS later, they are still/yet giving him the particular antibiotic for the sepsis, which HASN'T gone away quite yet. Getting close though.

Yeah, My Lady is asking any and all who Pray, to please Pray for Terry to be home for Christmas. (he's 41 now)
    Prayers and positive waves sent

Prayers up for Terry and your family Sean.

Fasciotomies, used to treat compartment syndrome. It's usually bacteria that create excess gases (not MRSA) that cause that, MRSA usually doesn't produce enough inflammation/swelling but I guess it could be a rare case. I can't imagine what he has gone through.

The faschiotomies were needed due to the sepsis because the inflammation 'inflated' his whole body to the point where his arms were the size of his legs, and he could not bend either elbow. Happened almost overnight.

I may have things/timelines screwed up, so bear with me please. He was in the hospital for a few months, before he got MRSA. He got the faschiotomies shortly after the first week. (I'm being corrected here, at the moment)

My Lady THANKS ya'll for this. Her plate is full. She's at the hospital now every second day. For a long time, it was ever day. Even moreso for the Mother-In-Law. So My Lady looks after Terry, as well as her mom, and then looks after me. She (we) appreciate the Prayers and thoughts and it DOES matter. This has been happening for so long now, that time seems to be just 'flying by'. It's only a month-and-a-bit before Christmas, and we still feel like "Halloween is just around the corner". Yeah, things are happening so much that we seem to miss things.

If that makes any sense.

On a 'doctor' tangent, they 'change' every-so-often at the hospital. Each time they change, they gotta do something different. The med issue is ridiculous. The one doc 'giving up on Terry' is ridiculous.

A few months ago, blood vessels burst in Terry's eyes, because he wasn't able to attend his quarterly Eyebologist appointment where he gets injections to prevent such things. Of course, it is absolutely impossible for ANY hospital staff to do such, OR to coordinate WITH the Eyebologist so that Terry could SOMEHOW get these injections. I mean, it's only been going on for years already, but that's another story. So yeah, the vessels burst, and he was blind for 6-8 weeks. He has another appointment on Dec. 6th or 8th, and "patient transport" supposedly has been set up.

Terry moved back in with mom, after he was here in our house for a bit, because dad passed away last year. So him and mom have been watching out for each other. He's the one I've stated here prior, whose wife left him because he lost a leg (diabetes) and he 'wasn't whole' anymore, or something like that. And for those of you who remember, Terry lost his leg 3 weeks after the Father-In-Law attempted suicide.

She/we greatly Thank You for your Prayers, because it gives her the sense that 'she can take a breath' and be Shielded in God's Grace.

The dual antibiotic cocktail we used to give for MRSA was Rifampin and TMP/SMX (Trimethoprim/Sulphamethoxazole)

If that hasn't been tried, could be a thing.

Done

Friend had a similar experience. Had strep throat and tore a muscle in his shoulder. Docs said the infection got into the tear. Had his arm sliced open from shoulder to wrist to drain the infection. Wife and kids came in to say final farewells and our preacher (and others) prayed over him. Took him about a year to completely recover.

100% on it. I'm sorry that is gut wrenching to read. I've been going through a recurrent back issue last 3 months from surgery 34 years ago.....and no matter how frustrated I get I always remember this is literally peanuts compared to others who have far and away tougher roads. In PT last week there was an amputee....man did that bring my back into focus in a hurry.

What a great thing if he could be home for Christmas will pray for that and more.