• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing For you Coyote sympathists

Re: For you Coyote sympathists

I wonder how much booze those boys had been drinking before this whole deal went down!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oldsmobiler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isnt the point of hunting to be as humane as possible? Some tree hugger is going to see that and use it to show how cruel it actualy it. The idiots giggling like fools made me really feel bad for the animal. </div></div>

Its not the point, but it is a huge part of it... Main thing about hunting is either getting meat, or population control.

As far as we "shouldn't do it because anti hunters are going to use it against us"... phuck that they already have an agenda against us and these people don't realize that the world isn't all hugs and kisses and roses and that nature doesn't play nice. Ever watch wolves take down an animal? Nature is a helluva lot more cruel than these guys... The only reason a lot of you don't like the video is because the guys are laughing, get over it. Sorry I have lost a lot of tolerance for the "It might offend somebody" attitude.

Mike </div></div>

youre preaching to the choir here. problem is, the treehuggers dont have a clue what nature is like and why we shoot coyotes, they just see a poor puppy getting pulled out of a hole only to be shot when it tries to run away...

i just hate to see ppl post stuff like this on the internet, i dont give a shit if it offends anti hunters, i just know it gives them more reason to fight against us. havent you ever seen the comments tree huggers leave on videos like this on youtube? yes, they dont know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the outdoors, but that doesnt stop them from supporting their local officials that have an anti gun/anti hunting agenda.

jackh,

I agree with you, I guess I'm leaning a little more to the side of thinking (read: assuming) that those people would never support hunting anyways, so why worry about it? Its probably something I need to work on.

I'll be the first person to take a non-hunter out and show them the ropes and why we are so passionate about hunting and how enjoyable it can be and how what we do goes to support and improve our game populations... but have been on the internet forums for soo long I have lost a lot of patience for the internet non/anti-hunter.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BiggerStick47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just more ammo for the anti-hunter and anti-gun crowd. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. </div></div>

+1 - what a bunch of idiots, at least don't post the video on the net.

Thats the other thing I don't understand either....WHY would you tape yourself doing something like that?????? If that were a coyote that was causing some major shit on your farm then yeah by all means smoke the bastard but why in the hell would you put it on youtube to the whole world?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BiggerStick47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just more ammo for the anti-hunter and anti-gun crowd. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. </div></div> Still it was A good shot.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was hard to watch the constant cackle from the hyena they had with them. </div></div>

That gal was totally annoying two of my children walked in asking what I was watching.

Perfect example of what happens when brothers & sisters mate.

I dont see what was so funny...

It wasnt the shooting, it was the laughing.

I dont see the funny side of watching something struggle regardless of the type of creature it is.

End of the day everyone and everything is out here to survive, pest or no pest, and I respect that at the same time that I understand that a fox/coyote can and will eat my animals so I have no second thoughts about stopping that.

But i dont laugh hysterically whilst doing it.

i do a lot of hunting and fishing , i wouldnt post that video, as for the screeching banshee that is behind the camera saying that its ''so funny'' whats so funny about (1) having wounded an animal and (2)stressing the shit out of it while trying to finish the job? retards. we have all wounded animals at some stage , any hunter that says they havent is either lying or doesnt hunt much , that said its your obligation to do your best to dispatch the animal as quick as possible. making some sort of comical scenario out of it is just wrong. my opinion, every1 is entitled to thiers

I think the problem with the video is how long it too him to pull the coyote out of the den after he had grabbed it. Not humane holding it there like that. That and the chick in the background.

100% pure ignorance. Something fundamentally wrong with those people, and <span style="font-style: italic">anyone</span> who thought that was funny.
That's my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkyScrapin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how many MOA he dialed... </div></div>

If he zero'd at 100 yd probably about 3mil. minimum - likely 5.
I didn't know it is was illegal to hunt into a burrow - learning something new here everyday. Thanks whoever pointed that out. (Hey wait - On Dual Survivor they smoked a bunny out of a hole - that illegal?)
And I don't have any issue w/the kill, any yote makes for a dead yote and he was DRT. I've seen much worse shots. May not be true hunting, just exterminating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not that i like coyotes, i have seen what they do to livestock first hand, but its still kinda sad to me.

ppl posting stuff like this online is why the libs try to take our guns away and keep us from hunting. these are the kind of things that show up on peta websites and stuff </div></div>

This vid should be removed. In the wrong hands, it will do more damage than entertain. I live on a ranch and killing coyotes is a good thing. This was balsy, but to me, all the pre pubescent giggling made it kind of morbid.

What ever happened to having respect for the animals you hunt? I think that a ricochet would have been a good thing in this instance. I know that as a hunter, I don't want to be lumped into the same category as these pieces of shit.

What a couple of douche bags , even the piece of trash chick with them is laughing at a cruel demise -you wanna turn the public of firearms and hunting let them see what little respect you hold for animals - way to go

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan27</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think that a ricochet would have been a good thing in this instance. </div></div>

As in a richochet coming back and hiting the shooter? Wow if i had a penny for everytime I heard an anti-hunter say the same thing or something similiar about how hunters should be the ones shot....

Gotta love the "holier than thou" attitude in this post. You know how many ppl on 'regular' hunting forums think that long range hunting is a joke and don't want to be lumped into the same category as 'those' hunters? Divided we fall people....

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan27</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think that a ricochet would have been a good thing in this instance. </div></div>

As in a richochet coming back and hiting the shooter? Wow if i had a penny for everytime I heard an anti-hunter say the same thing or something similiar about how hunters should be the ones shot....

Gotta love the "holier than thou" attitude in this post. You know how many ppl on 'regular' hunting forums think that long range hunting is a joke and don't want to be lumped into the same category as 'those' hunters? Divided we fall people....

Mike</div></div>

You read it right, as in the bullet bouncing back and taking those fucktards out of the gene pool. Nice touch though trying to compare a lifelong hunter to an anti-hunter. There is no excuse for making a mockery of any animals death, I don't care if it is a coyote or a 200" whitetail.

It's not what you do so much as how you go about it. Let's try this scenario on and see if you can tell the difference. 3 people, taping a video of their hunt shoot and injure a coyote, coyote run off and the group sees it escapes to its den. The group decides to go in after the coyote and disbatch it humanely. No laughing about how cool it is that they injured the coyote, how funny it is that this animal is suffering, no throwing it through the air like it's clay pigeon. Just pull it out an shoot it. Do you not see the difference? Their basic actions are the same as in the video.

"Holier than Thou", give me a fucking break! You actually think that as a hunter you should defend the actions of other hunters that act like this, just 'cuz? If hunting is to fall, it's not going to be because we are divided as hunters, it's going to be due to the actions of few being paid for by many. You police your own ranks is how you keep the outsiders and anti hunters from doing it for you. If you as a hunter were trying to argue the merits of hunting to a neutral and an anti countered you with this video, what would your defense be? I don't know the legalities of what they did with the coyote in its den, but let's assume it was legal, they are licensed hunters who are 100% within the law. All an anti has to say is "this is what hunters do", 5 words, you'll run out of breath trying to explain that is not the way all hunters act and still never fully convince the neutral.

Not funny at all.

Glad you finished off a wounded animal. Not good to laugh like idiots whilst doing it.

I DESPISE coyotes and kill every one I see, but dont chuckle like hyenas in the process. Respect for the animal and all that.

Flame away, I dont give a fuck.

Bryan27 You read it right said:
I agree the video shouldn't be posted on the internet or shown as an advocate of how great hunting is. What about a video where an animal is wounded and they have to track it and leave it lie for several hours before pursuit? Much like the ones you see on the hunting channel from time to time. Only difference is people are not laughing. In my book, I don't care how you do it, but as long as you do your duty to follow up and end the animals suffering, you're good to go. Everytime you pull the trigger on a game animal do you not celebrate? How about groundhogs/gophers? We're blowing them up night n day and laughing our asses off everytime we get a hit! I feel bad for the dog, and hate to see an animal suffer, but I don't have a single problem with the video.

And yes I'm directly comparing you to a lot of the anti-hunters I encounter. Do a google search for "first wolf killed in Idaho" and read some of the comments people left on any of the news sources that posted the article. How about the one anti-hunter who found out the guy who killed the wolf's home address and email and posted it on craigslist for people to harass and send threats to? The guy recieved numerous threats and hatemail saying the same shit you are; "Why don't you put a bullet in yourself" kind of stuff. And you say that my comparison of "You read it right, as in the bullet bouncing back and taking those fucktards out of the gene pool" is an irrelevant comparison???

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I agree the video shouldn't be posted on the internet or shown as an advocate of how great hunting is. What about a video where an animal is wounded and they have to track it and leave it lie for several hours before pursuit? Much like the ones you see on the hunting channel from time to time. Only difference is people are not laughing. In my book, I don't care how you do it, but as long as you do your duty to follow up and end the animals suffering, you're good to go. Everytime you pull the trigger on a game animal do you not celebrate? How about groundhogs/gophers? We're blowing them up night n day and laughing our asses off everytime we get a hit! I feel bad for the dog, and hate to see an animal suffer, but I don't have a single problem with the video.

And yes I'm directly comparing you to a lot of the anti-hunters I encounter. Do a google search for "first wolf killed in Idaho" and read some of the comments people left on any of the news sources that posted the article. How about the one anti-hunter who found out the guy who killed the wolf's home address and email and posted it on craigslist for people to harass and send threats to? The guy recieved numerous threats and hatemail saying the same shit you are; "Why don't you put a bullet in yourself" kind of stuff. And you say that my comparison of "You read it right, as in the bullet bouncing back and taking those fucktards out of the gene pool" is an irrelevant comparison???

Mike </div></div>

Yeah, I'd say that your comparison is very irrelevent since you are comparing a lifelong hunter to anti hunters....implying that I should feel shame for not supporting these people just because they are hunters. You think blindly supporting people because they fall under the category of hunter is a good thing? I support the shooting sports and gun owner rights, but if a mall ninja posts a youtube video of himself being a jackass with a gun I'm not going to support them just for exercising their right to be an idiot. How many "filtering the gene pool" or "future darwin award hopeful" posts are you going to find in a thread that contains the words "mall ninja"? What's the difference between anti-gun and anti-hunting when it comes to policing our own?

Animals will get wounded due to hunting as much as we try not to, it's our responsability to minimize these and do whatever we can to end the hunt quickly and humanely. That said, I've seen lots of hunting shows where the shot wasn't perfect but the hunter handled it cleanly and professionally. How about next time you see a show on the Outdoor Channel or ESPN Outdoors where they wound an animal, make a comedy show of it, then yank it out of its den by the back legs and shotput its ass 20 yards while it's still alive.......let us know.

Looks like we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. I still maintain my position that there was nothing wrong with the video and I found humor in it.

Mike

Disgraceful even though I hunt coyotes cause they destroy the livestock that is just plain cruel. Tormenting the animal before it dies is wrong. And hunting to me is sport trying to out think the animal in this situation the coyote has no chance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sorry I have lost a lot of tolerance for the "It might offend somebody" attitude.

Mike </div></div>

+1000

Think the guys are stupid...but get over it people!