• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For you NYers Legal AR

I saw some o those I while I was in NY. I had to be educated on what they were. Hey, I'm hurt that we have to do these things but glad to see people get around all that mess. Good for these guys.

Those still are not legal unless the magazine is permanently attached. the NY(un)Safe act modified the definition of an assault weapon to have 1 military feature, which included the detachable magazine on that list. So you basically have to have a target crown, funky stock like in the article, AND a permanent mag in order to be legal.

As I write this is I cry a little for my state. =(

If I did not own property that goes back three generations, I would GTFO.

Those still are not legal unless the magazine is permanently attached. the NY(un)Safe act modified the definition of an assault weapon to have 1 military feature, which included the detachable magazine on that list. So you basically have to have a target crown, funky stock like in the article, AND a permanent mag in order to be legal.

That's not correct Square Pizza, the gun pictured is 100% compliant under the terms of the new law, it possess NO features that would make it an "AW" under SAFE.

Isn't the mag removable in that rifle pictured?

You're mistaken on detachable magazines, they've nothing to do with the language of the new law.

You can buy a NY compliant M1A today, it's all about the stock, pistol grip and other "evil features"

Put that same M1A in a chassis like a Sage, you've broken the law and now own an "assault weapon."

Last edited:
NY is punishing me enough.

I just read about the new armscor 1911 xt 22 magnum, 14 shots of unSafe goodness that I will never be allowed to own. *sad face*

Yeah, not this year. Wait till the idiots write the next law. Like NYC, where bolt action .22 RF are now illegal if they can hold more than 5(!) rounds. Do we have Amish Farmers writing motor vehicle laws? No, so why do people who know nada about firearms writing gun laws???

Yeah, not this year. Wait till the idiots write the next law. Like NYC, where bolt action .22 RF are now illegal if they can hold more than 5(!) rounds. Do we have Amish Farmers writing motor vehicle laws? No, so why do people who know nada about firearms writing gun laws???

Because if they had someone that knew anything about guns writing laws they would ban any firearm that employs anything other than a manually operated (no DI, piston, or recoil operation) locked breach (no blow back) action and call it a day? Yeah, that would suck...

The problem is not that the idiots writing law about guns don't know anything about guns, the problem is that the idiots writing law about guns don't know anything about law.

I'd feel a lot better if those writing the law were aware of the purpose and intent of the supreme law in this country. If they were it wouldn't matter how little they knew about guns.

They hate our guns because they are black...
Maybe we put wood on them instead and they will be "nice" guns instead?
It would be interesting if someone could work on a custom AR lower that was setup to have a nice classic looking wood stock & maybe fake wood colour hydrographics job on the metal.

The bigger issue is that the agency tasked with enforcement will not clarify or certify any firearm. NYS Police (Andy's Army) have been asked to clarify and have said things like "you have to wait until people get arrested and tried for the law to be clarified" No, I'm not kidding and these calls have been recorded to be used in the future.

NY sucks.

NY is punishing me enough.

I just read about the new armscor 1911 xt 22 magnum, 14 shots of unSafe goodness that I will never be allowed to own. *sad face*

Unfortunately, that is how it works. The politicians write the laws (vaguely), the police enforce the laws (arbitrarily), and the courts interpret- clarify- the laws (incoherently).

It doesn't matter whether the idiots who write the law don't understand how to write law, since they really don't care about the law anyway, except as a means to assert dominance according to their personal prejudices. In their minds, the laws are their personal property, and the public has no recourse.

I am not so much concerned for the consequences to my fellow New Yorkers as I am for the consequences to those legislators who hold them in such blatant contempt. A reckoning is due, maybe well overdue.

Greg

Last edited:
It doesn't matter whether the idiots who write the law don't understand how to write law, since they really don't care about the law anyway, except as a means to assert dominance according to their personal prejudices. In their minds, the laws are their personal property, and the public has no recourse.

I am not so much concerned for the consequences to my fellow New Yorkers as I am for the consequences to those legislators who hold them in such blatant contempt. I reckoning is due, maybe well overdue.

Greg

Amen.

The lack of accountability for the clowns who write these "laws" (i.e. Recall in NY) has emboldened them beyond their ability to comprehend what they've done. We can only hope that the "reckoning" you speak of comes sooner than later and sends a clear message.

Again, I don't intend to suggest drastic measures.

The ballot is lost to us as long as the media continues to bias and restructure the news and opinion. It's difficult for the average voter to grasp facts and consequences as long as the media skews whatever they get to see.

I think this lends a mantle of complacency to legislators and executives alike. They see themselves as pivotal in humanity's "advancement", perhaps being uniquely obligated to guide our society into new paths, reminiscent of the Nazis impositions of universal behavioral models and even eugenic alteration of the collective norm. They always seem to know what's best for us, and in our particular instance, what we must be prohibited from practicing despite unambiguous and distinct guarantees high on the list of priorities contained within the very basic Bill of Rights.

It's truly amazing what lofty authority some assume themselves to possess when they serve as self appointed agents doing things "in the interest of the common good". In point of fact, they nothing beyond being delusional activists bent on imposing their extremist wills on others regardless of Constitutional protections to the contrary. Even worse, some (like our Governor) may do this intentionally without any true personal commitment to what they propose, seeing their actions as simply a means to send outlandish political messages in support of their controversial political advancement. They must never allow a good controversy to escape thorough exploitation.

Even the sheep eventually look up and resist their exploitative masters. England once believed, as does our current crop of legislators, that the people were their incapable and incompetent inferiors. We all know how well that worked out for them back then, and hopefully will do so, maybe soon, again. It is likely inevitable.

Greg

Last edited:
I totally agree with the viewpoint expressed in the OP link. It's an ungainly answer to a ridiculous question. While I resent the need, I acknowledge the efforts to deal with it Personally, I believe we can do better than what's being showcased.