• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ford accepting refundable $100 deposits on 2020 Bronco

I don't know where your info is coming from but my Bronco has crossed model years and I have an email from ford promising to hold price.
There are different situations.

The guy Ice Capades on Blue Oval and Zach from Granger(ford-truck, tremor forum, etc...) have both said the super duty will not and has never automatically rolled to the next model year. I think it was for 2020 orders Ford either price protected or gave buyers like a 2000 rebate towards a 2021 because of all the Covid shut downs. I dont think Ford did that for 2021's that didnt get built by the time 2022 production started(or maybe they did)... But the orders have all been cancelled and you re-order and start the wait all over again. NOW if a dealer does it behind the scenes and never tells the customer, thats a different matter.

Bronco might be handled differently. Sounds like it is. I think thats a different animal that Ford has just really shit the bed on... and obviously a lot of commodity constraints.

Corvette has taken the path the Super Duty has, but people are getting fucked on the pricing as GM has done nothing to my knowledge to price protect anybody. 2020 was almost 10k short... fucked... 2021 I think was short again...fucked.

Not true at all... You ordered a 2022... you wont just "magically" get a 2023... Your 2022 order would cancel and you would have to re-order and be stuck with any 2023 price adjustments. Ford MAY give people in this situation like a 2000 dollar rebate to make it right, but they also might not. 2023 is rumored to have external sheet metal changes and the full 2021 F150 interior.

Also the speculation from the 2-3 guys "in the know" is that 2022 production will likely run into the fall vs. the traditional ~June 1 changeover. Ford has ~250k orders for super duty at any given time and they can build about 8500 per week, so a 7 month backlog at any given time. I wouldnt expect any 2023's to get built until at least September at this point. NOW will there be 2022's that ford doesnt build due to commodity constraints, sure, but I think the majority of 2022's ordered will get built.

But an XL will likely get built really quickly, I have seen some with like less than 2 month turn around. Its the higher optioned trucks that take a while. Im 99% sure your truck will be a 2022 and wont take all that long to get.
Just what the “manager” said … maybe he was hoping I’d overpay for a used one… I hoped my wait wouldn’t be insanely long with no fancy bells and whistles

Think of all the mothballed 2021’s sitting around waiting on chips.

No way I’d take delivery of a vehicle that has been sitting around waiting on a chip.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
Think of all the mothballed 2021’s sitting around waiting on chips.

No way I’d take delivery of a vehicle that has been sitting around waiting on a chip.

I wonder how many actually are sitting around waiting on chips...

i dont follow anything but the Ford Super Duty stuff. I have not read anything about 2021 Ford Superduty's still sitting around waiting on chips. There were about 5k 2022's sitting around waiting on chips, but it seems during the Christmas plant shutdown they got all those knocked out and shipped out.

Reactions: diverdon