• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Forearm Rail System

Chris399

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Who’s running a forearm rail system like the Area 419 or Ingenuity Gunworks? What do you see as the advantages and disadvantages? I am thinking about one for barricades but they seem to only work on certain types of barricades and I would still need a bag for pipe gates etc.

Please let me know your actual experiences

Thanks

Chris

From what I have seen there are a limited number of situations where these systems are truly applicable. I rarely see these at matches and when I do it is usually less experienced shooters using them. The top guys that I have seen and shot using just a Game Changer or similar type bag with the mini/heavy fill options being the trend.

Yeah, at the local match I've shot, there are about 2 stages where they may be useful. PRS "skills stage" and shooting from a window. These rail systems aren't really useful for the remainder of the stages. To this newish shooter, these rail systems look cumbersome to use. I prefer a fortune cookie, though I'm probably switching to a mini FC.

The real place the rail systems shine is allowing you to easily reposition your bipod, attaching to an Arca-type tripod head, and now with the attachable bag systems like the 419 Rail Changer and Rail Changer X.

Reactions: canezach and ToddKS
Like the two gentlemen ahead of me said, the rails are very helpful for quickly sliding my bipod forward or rearward. When you're shooting off a barrel, or wooden spool, it helps to be able to reposition the bipod. I also do a lot of shooting off my tripod, so the quick lockup with my leveling base is really beneficial

Last edited:
I don’t shoot in competition, but I have a Sawtooth Rifle Arca rail on my AI AT with an Arca mounted Ckye-pod. Being able to move the bipod around is so darn convenient..I’m sold..Ray