• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Forget H4350…. Can’t even find the substitutes!

Kevin1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Allen, TX, USA
I’m ordering a replacement barrel in 260 Rem and I’m in the process of gathering the reloading components.
There is no H4350 so I did some search and it appears the next best thing is the IMR 4451. But guess what…. It’s also out of stock everywhere I looked.
I have a good amount of Varget and IMR 4064…. Would that work?

What are my options?

I have a 20" bartlein that prefers varget with 140 eld's. Right around 38 gr. Ive tried in two of the three .260's I had, and it shot very well in both.

Kevin,
i have some I am not using anytime soon (4 lbs). If you are in Denver give me a shout and we can figure something out.

Elija

I’m ordering a replacement barrel in 260 Rem and I’m in the process of gathering the reloading components.
There is no H4350 so I did some search and it appears the next best thing is the IMR 4451. But guess what…. It’s also out of stock everywhere I looked.
I have a good amount of Varget and IMR 4064…. Would that work?

What are my options?

If your running a 26in tube H4831sc will work just fine. Shorter tube varget.

Last edited:
Thanks Elija for the offer, but I'm in Tx.
I was finally able to find some 1lb of 4451 and ordered 4X.

Regarding the length of the barrel...Well, I'm in communication with Mileshigh and they just asked me the length I want. I was thinking going 24", but if 26" gives me more option, I'll have to consider it. At the same time, 26" with little bastard muzzle break might start to get too long.

I have been using Reloder 23 with good results. 23 inch pac-nor 1-8 142MK at 2750. Not showing any pressure signs yet great accuracy not sure I will push it any further.

I just saw an article today, can't remember where, that showed RL16 to be more temp stable than H4350. If anyone can find it, it would be a huge help.

@ roerjager's article, that was on team area 419's FB post from their own testing.

I commented on it and got a response... but the short version of it is they used two different powder charges for the two powders.

basic physics and understanding of gas laws should show that there will be inconsistencies for that. Not sure why they did it