• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 1 ATF Issues

RC556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2020
Louisiana
Decided to do my first ever Form 1, went with quiet bore .22, engraved and everything (processing due to 3-4 week lead time)

So, in the meantime I did the Form 1 application since the wait times are supposed to be very similar. (Sub 1 month)
I filled out the application with all the info, I did choose my own name which apparently takes longer.

Application was created 8/13. I attached my picture also.
I mailed out 2 copies of my fingerprint cards from local sheriff and I believe I did the whole cover sheet thing correct.
Mail was delivered 8/19

Today I called ATF curious on status of my mail delivery and got my ass chewed out for not knowing my Control No.
No where in my emails or on ATF site do I see my Permit/Control No.

Did I do anything wrong or miss a step?
I would like to assume I would get an email regarding any mistakes I made instead of not knowing and losing out on $200 but who knows

Um, you’re beyond impatient. It’s 8/25, they’ve had it 6 days and 2 of them were a weekend.
Give it 4 weeks, leave them alone, receive your email telling you it’s approved, and drill/enjoy.

If there is an issue, it will be rejected quickly, your 200 will be refunded to your card, and you resubmit.

I made a mistake on my fingerprint cards once. It was rejected, refunded, reapplied, and approved still inside of 6 weeks. Give them a minute man.

Um, you’re beyond impatient. It’s 8/25, they’ve had it 6 days and 2 of them were a weekend.
Give it 4 weeks, leave them alone, receive your email telling you it’s approved, and drill/enjoy.
It’s more worry than impatience. I figured I would’ve gotten a “received” notification in light of fingerprint delivery. Like I said it’s my first time so I’m just used to tons of email notifications from online orders.

in a similar boat on a Form 1 SBR. Used the ATF online eForms service and submitted/paid tax stamp on June 8, 2020. got an email July 10, 2020 with an ATF cover page saying i had 10 days to submit (2) fingerprint cards. they received those July 14, 2020......... here is it August 25th and i still haven't heard a peep. just be patient man. i NEVER call them to check the status on anything. best thing to do is submit it then forget about it

Reactions: RC556
in a similar boat on a Form 1 SBR. Used the ATF online eForms service and submitted/paid tax stamp on June 8, 2020. got an email July 10, 2020 with an ATF cover page saying i had 10 days to submit (2) fingerprint cards. they received those July 14, 2020......... here is it August 25th and i still haven't heard a peep. just be patient man. i NEVER call them to check the status on anything. best thing to do is submit it then forget about it
Sounds good. I was primarily just worried about not having a control number on their site. The guy on the phone acted like it was the end of the world when I said I didn’t have one.

Sounds good. I was primarily just worried about not having a control number on their site. The guy on the phone acted like it was the end of the world when I said I didn’t have one.
i got lucky last year and had a suppressor form 4 (individual-eFile) clear in less than 60 days but ive had the other end of the spectrum and waited 15 months for the same thing.
ATF probably gets 1000+ phone calls per day from people looking for a update on their shit. i just logged on to the eForms site and my application hasn't been given a "internal control number" yet which means they haven't looked at it.
set a reminder on your phone for 60 days from now and check it again. til then, put it out of your head!

If you don't have a control number or permit number associated with your application then the cover letter won't have a control number on it.
Once they have assigned a permit number they will send a email with attachment of the cover letter with the control number on it. I submitted my eform 1 on 08-09 and still don't have a permit number or control number. If you send the fingerprint cards and the cover letter without the complete barcode and control number they won't know what to do with them.

Attachments

• Coversheet in profile instructions.pdf
    133.6 KB · Views: 79
If you don't have a control number or permit number associated with your application then the cover letter won't have a control number on it.
Once they have assigned a permit number they will send a email with attachment of the cover letter with the control number on it. I submitted my eform 1 on 08-09 and still don't have a permit number or control number. If you send the fingerprint cards and the cover letter without the complete barcode and control number they won't know what to do with them.
good info man, thanks.

i don't even have a submitted/in process on mine yet. about month after i submitted my eForm, i got an email saying it was disapproved and there was an attached copy of my cover letter with the permit number on it that said "you have 10 days to submit your fingerprint cards"..... i assumed it was disapproved because i hadn't submitted my fingerprint cards yet. since then theres been no change.

good info man, thanks.

i don't even have a submitted/in process on mine yet. about month after i submitted my eForm, i got an email saying it was disapproved and there was an attached copy of my cover letter with the permit number on it that said "you have 10 days to submit your fingerprint cards"..... i assumed it was disapproved because i hadn't submitted my fingerprint cards yet. since then theres been no change.
If you have questions I would suggest emailing them using the Ask the Experts tab on the eforms website. I have much better luck getting answers that way compared to calling.

Reactions: SBGreen0369
If you have questions I would suggest emailing them using the Ask the Experts tab on the eforms website. I have much better luck getting answers that way compared to calling.
i gave a shot. what's the typical response time you've had in the past?

"Ask the Experts" is always fun. They have no clue. I just asked a question about batch approval since I had ~6 stamps in their system. The response I was given was that "Form 4's are processed in the order they're received". That's a crock of crap. I just had two approved in 100 days and have friends going on 2 years. It's more like "we pull a control number out of a hat and that's what we work on today". lol.

Usually get a response the next business day.
got a response from the examiner first thing this morning. my eForm was disapproved because they never got my fingerprint cards.... supposedly.

when i first submitted the eFrom back on 6/8, i received an email that said the application was "Submitted/In Process" but that email DID NOT have the coversheet attached.

I went in and resubmitted this morning (8/27) and received another email that says "Submitted/In Process" again with no coversheet attached.

Logged back into my account on eForms and found the coversheet listed under "Electronic Documents" associated with the form i just submitted.

Printed the coversheet.... now i need fingerprints quick, fast, and in a hurry!!!

Printed the coversheet.... now i need fingerprints quick, fast, and in a hurry!!!

I do my fingerprints before I submit the Form 1 application. That way I just print the cover sheet, run down to the post office, and send it via USPS Priority Mail w/ tracking. No signature.

I do my fingerprints before I submit the Form 1 application. That way I just print the cover sheet, run down to the post office, and send it via USPS Priority Mail w/ tracking. No signature.
that's exactly what i did last time because my train of thought was the same as yours... have everything ready to go so as soon as it's submitted, cover letter and FP cards go into the envelope and get sent off.

had to call around to find a place willing to do fingerprints right now. none of the local sheriffs offices are seeing fingerprint customers because of COVID (which they usually do free of charge). luckily my local SOT has a retired cop who comes every monday to do fingerprint cards for $10.

that's exactly what i did last time because my train of thought was the same as yours... have everything ready to go so as soon as it's submitted, cover letter and FP cards go into the envelope and get sent off.

had to call around to find a place willing to do fingerprints right now. none of the local sheriffs offices are seeing fingerprint customers because of COVID (which they usually do free of charge). luckily my local SOT has a retired cop who comes every monday to do fingerprint cards for $10.

I do them myself and have not been denied yet.

Reactions: SBGreen0369
i gave a shot. what's the typical response time you've had in the past?
theyve always been very polite and helpful when contacting through email, typical responses within a day or two.

when dealing with the ATF, its very much a situation of "theyll contact you".

send in all your shit, if they need anything, THEY will let you know.....otherwise sit back and wait.

for E-form 1s, expect to wait around a month.....if its been 3 or more, then reach out for a status update.

already ordered my supplies from amazon. any tricks?

Just follow the instructions in that video. Make sure you roll your fingers except on the bottom row where you just press down. That's it. I've had no issues with any of my Form 1's.

Just follow the instructions in that video. Make sure you roll your fingers except on the bottom row where you just press down. That's it. I've had no issues with any of my Form 1's.

great info, much appreciated!

sorry for hijacking your thread @RC556 !!!!!

eFile submitted August 27
Fingerprint cards mailed August 29
Approved September 14

SBR, Individual

18 days start to finish! Home fingerprint kit worked like a charm

Reactions: phantasm
eFile submitted August 27
Fingerprint cards mailed August 29
Approved September 14

SBR, Individual

18 days start to finish! Home fingerprint kit worked like a charm

Damn.
eFile submitted August 13
Fingerprints mailed August 14
Still no update sadly

Form 1 Can

Damn.
eFile submitted August 13
Fingerprints mailed August 14
Still no update sadly

Form 1 Can
Use the “Ask the Experts” tab and make an inquiry... tactfully of course. They responded to me next business day