• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 1 Suppressor QD Mount

Center Mass

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2008
Pa
Gentlemen,

Several years ago I built a Form 1 suppressor using a DM tube and direct thread mount. I wanted to maximize volume so I opted for the 1.625 O.D. Ti tube with a 1.565x24 thread (I think). The suppressor has served me well for quite some time with thousands of rounds through it and it's performance is better than some commercial cans. However I recentley cleaned it with the Bore Tech suppressor cleaning kit and wand, and let me tell, it looks almost new now.

The bad news is that I can now see some baffle errosion on the first baffle in large part I'm sure because I mostly run my 7mm WSM through it. I want to try to slow the errosion by using a muzzle brake QD mount. My problem is, I cannot find any options with the larger 1.626" O.D. tube and threading. Does any one know of someone who makes or can make preferably a Griffin Armament taper mount adapter or maybe a ring adapter to reduce it down the the standard HUB thread? I would prefer the taper mount because I don't want to add the length or weight of another adapter like an ASR (which I also use) to this particular suppressor.

Thanks in advance.

CM

This is what you seek:

20230708_144359.jpg
20230708_144416.jpg
20230708_144426.jpg

These are taper adapters made by the machinist that used to run a very reputable company.
TA-16, and TA-16 Pro.
Depth in tube: .45 (most of DM stuff went that)
16 flushes the rear of the taper to the rear of the mount, 16 Pro sets the MD back out another .5-.7ish, helping to increase your BC (good for your hot mag rounds if your BB is Ti, or BC too small)

PM for more details/contact info