• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Form 4...I mean FFP Viper PST Wait times

Re: Form 4...I mean FFP Viper PST Wait times

6-24 SFP MOA
Order Placed: Feb 1, 2011
Examiner: Liberty Optics
Order filled: Not yet.

I know I just started the wait, but it seems like forever.

Don't feel bad, I waited over a year for mine. I have a feeling you guys won't have to wait that long.

Nice short wait for you guys! I'm at 11 months of waiting right now...

From the reviews given by a few that have the 6-24 in hand, I going to more than be happy for the wait, once the 6-24 is in my hands!
smile.gif

I spoke with Vortex CS today about scheduling my Razor to go in for the upgraded ocular. Got it scheduled for next thursday, she said as long as the scope was in their hands by thursday next week I would have it back by the beginning of the following week.

Also (and why its relevant to this thread) they just got a shipment of PST's in and they are in testing so there should be another batch going out soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you guys are going to be pleased once they come in.</div></div>

I think I will be too. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Ha ha, you took my idea for the Form 4 (cough cough Viper PST thread)!

Model: Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MRAD
Ordered: March 22, 2010
Supplier: LO
Delivered: Waiting

Others, please post your info, too.

Actually its not that funny... I literally applied for a form 4 and got it since ordering this GD scope. I recently took two weeks off from checking on "updates" here on the hide. Hoping that I would just get an email that my scope was finally in... NOPE
Now with warm weather "shooting season" just around the corner. I am really chomping.
I will never EVER order a product like this again without it being in dealer hand... bad idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually its not that funny... I literally applied for a form 4 and got it since ordering this GD scope. I recently took two weeks off from checking on "updates" here on the hide. Hoping that I would just get an email that my scope was finally in... NOPE
Now with warm weather "shooting season" just around the corner. I am really chomping.
I will never EVER order a product like this again without it being in dealer hand... bad idea.

6-24 FFP
may 2010
SWFA
</div></div>

If it makes you that mad why didnt you cancel the order and buy something else?

Two 1-4 MOA's
Order placed: 1/11/10
Supplier: Liberty Optics
Order filled:1/11/11

Two 4-16 FFP MOA's
Order placed: 1/11/10
Order filled: Got one 2/17/11, still waiting on the other.

I love all three of my PST's. Can't wait to get the last one. Scott is top notch and will take care of you as soon as he is able to.

4-16 FFP MRAD
Order placed: 12/31/09
Supplier: SWFA
Shipped: 2/4/11

DSC_2061.jpg

6-24x50 FFP MOA/MOA
Order placed: 7/29/2010
Order filled: Notified tonight by Scott that it is in route to them. I should have it in hand in 1-2 weeks.

1x 4-16 FFP/Mil
1x 6-24 FFP/Mil
Ordered 2/20/10 from Scott @ L.O.

Waiting for a "your scopes are in" email/phone call from Scott.

Keeping my fingers crossed I'll get an email when the next shipment arrives. My .223 varmint bolt gun has been without a scope for just over 13 months now. I like using my 24" AR for squirrels but some property owners give the AR funny looks. It's just about time to start squirrel blasting and I'd really like to have the bolt gun ready to go!

I had my sfp 6-24 on order from SWFA since June 2010. I canceled it the other day cause i found a 4-16ffp IN STOCK at 3rd generation ss. Had it 3 days later!!! Sweet scope!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beretta_man11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had my sfp 6-24 on order from SWFA since June 2010. I canceled it the other day cause i found a 4-16ffp IN STOCK at 3rd generation ss. Had it 3 days later!!! Sweet scope! </div></div>

Bump

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tan Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4-16 FFP MRAD
Order placed: 12/31/09
Supplier: SWFA
Shipped: 2/4/11

DSC_2061.jpg
</div></div>

FYI yall, this is in stock as of 3PM this afternoon @ SWFA..... I ordered one... IN STOCK.......!!!!!!

I just stopped in at Vortex yesterday and traded my early 4x16 FFP PST in for the updated one. Very busy place and great people to work with.

I have to say the turrets feel much better and it may just be me but the eye relief at 16 power seems a bit more forgiving.

Just got the confirmation saying my scope was on the truck and shipping out first thing in the morning from CSTACTICAL! As stated above order was placed late May 2010. Should be here monday...

Scope: 6-24 FFP Mil
Order Placed: 3/25/2010 (Coming up on the 1 year mark!)
Supplier: CS Tactical

I too have submitted and received an approved Form 4 Transfer with the ATF in this time frame!

Hell waiting for this scope has made the form 4 wait seem like a cake walk!

Scope: 6-24 FFP Mil
Order Placed: A long long time ago.

I cant even remember when I was placed on back order for this scope but it has been well over one year.

WELL OVER ONE YEAR.

You Liberty Optics guys, I am #13 on his backorder list as of Monday and I just ordered Nov 2010, so you should be well ahead of me and receiving yours probably on the next shipment.

I would hope now that the 4-16FFP's are finished filling backorders (I assume they are since theyve been in stock a few places) that the 6-24 models will be getting pumped out a bit quicker.

I would be interested in knowing how many of us have recieved our orders from LO. I hear about a few from Scott, and a few from the other hide vendors, but not as many as I would like to hear about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triman2008</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested in knowing how many of us have recieved our orders from LO. I hear about a few from Scott, and a few from the other hide vendors, but not as many as I would like to hear about. </div></div>

I don't have it in hand yet, but Scott told me that mine would ship today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You Liberty Optics guys, I am #13 on his backorder list as of Monday and I just ordered Nov 2010, so you should be well ahead of me and receiving yours probably on the next shipment. </div></div>

Having "been in line" since 2/20/10 that gives me some hope of having the scopes in-hand sooner rather than later... but Scott has said the FFP/mil scopes are still few and far between and only receives 1 or 2 in every shipment so far.

Hopefully they will become less scarce over the next few weeks.

Does anybody in the Northern VA area have one yet? I've had my fair share of problems with Vortex which includes a PST from the first production run but being they're a pretty new company and all these problems with QC issues I'm keeping a open mind and would like to check out one of the current production models.

If your in the area I would love to atleast check one out, shooting it would be even better. I've got plenty of property we can make a trip to and plenty of 308 ammo if thats what its mounted on, also got some cool toys you could check out too.

I've got one on order bmxer. Stick it's going on is at the smith, but if nobody pops up with one before mine comes in, I'll let you know.

I wonder if the SFP are coming any sooner than the FFP. Me being the only one that ordered a SFP would like to have mine in hand as well.

Ordered and paid for my Viper PST 6-24x50 Riflescope MOA SFP in 6/10. Still waiting on it, but I know Vortex and Liberty Optics are working on it, so I'll get it as soon as Scott gets it. Does suck that that much money has been out of my checking account for 8 months.

Why would vortex not be focused on getting their ffp models out? You'd think that they would with all the hype of the only high mag illuminated ffp mil/mil or Moa/Moa scopes available for under $1K...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrbet83</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does suck that that much money has been out of my checking account for 8 months. </div></div>

I hear you on that one. If you had the scope at least it wouldn't be for nothing!!!

I dont think theyre shipping more low mag than they are high mag, its just that all the high mags are filling backorders so it just doesnt seem like as many are going out.

Just got my 4-16 ffp mil/mil in the mail today!!! Oh wow this thing is badass! Turrets are perfect, mag ring has the right resistance and goes from low to high magnification in less than half turn, glass is quite crisp and clear.... if it tracks and is durable as I think it will then vortex hit this one out of the park imho...

Mike

You are not the only one on the sfp. I ordered mine from lo and at that time I was third in line

Well, this is annoying. This lucky guy (here) ordered a PST 6-24x50 FFP mil/mil in June or so from Midway and already got this.

I ordered mine from LO in March and I think Scott still hasn't received them.

I wonder if Vortex was pressured to get them into the hands of large retailers (like Midway) before the smaller companies?

Pard spoke with Vortex the other day and they are struggling to get the 6-24X50 scopes manufactured . Evidently the manufacturer in the Philippines is delivering between 15 and 20 completed units a month .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pard spoke with Vortex the other day and they are struggling to get the 6-24X50 scopes manufactured . Evidently the manufacturer in the Philippines is delivering between 15 and 20 completed units a month . </div></div>

Why so low? Did they not anticipate the demand or what?

Personally, I'm about to jump ship.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Busch League </div></div>

?

Edit: LMFAO man that's funny as hell.

The Gal on the phone didn't say why , just said thats all they were getting . Maybe Scott will chime in with a reason why .

I was very late to the game. Ordered 3/14/2011 from OpticsPlanet and I'm sure it's going to be a long wait. Only thing goin for me is I ordered the SFP model so hopefully that backorder list is a little shorter.

I'm not a big fan of OpticsPlanet. I have the same beef with them as I do most large distributors (uninformed, poor CS, don't really care about their customers, etc) but I had a 15% off coupon which allowed me to get the scope, Vortex precision matched rings and a mounting level shipped for ~$60 less than the cost of the FFP model alone.

Apologies to Scott at LO, CSTac, SWFA, etc. I will be giving you guys my business in the future but my budget just wouldn't allow me this time around.

I ordered mine bout a month ago from LO....guess i'm in for the long haul. It does suck though..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Busch League </div></div>

I think he means this.

Oh well, I hope that Vortex can get things squared up. It would be nice to get my scopes and try them out...

Scope: 4-16 FFP Mil
Order Placed: 3/11/11
Supplier: Camera Land

Ordered it on a Friday evening. Doug at Camera Land e-mailed me the next morning (Sat.) to confirm that I wanted it backordered, which I did that day. It was dropped shipped direct from Vortex and received it today.

Wow nice elephantrider! I am a late order too, but I ordered the 4-16 FFP Mil from SWFA a week before you and haven't heard anything. Oh well, still waiting on my Spuhr mount so it is not a big deal.

Our pleasure to work with you. Glad we were able to expedite your order.

We do have deliveries arriving every week or so from Vortex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pard spoke with Vortex the other day and they are struggling to get the 6-24X50 scopes manufactured . Evidently the manufacturer in the Philippines is delivering between 15 and 20 completed units a month . </div></div>

Why so low? Did they not anticipate the demand or what?

Personally, I'm about to jump ship. </div></div>

This is exactly what I just did. Jump ship. Got a good deal on a nightforce over in the optics sales. After reading Cuffm's comments over on this other thread I realized that I am eventually going to get a nightforce. Why go through this crap when they are proven and available.

I called vortex yesterday and they hadn't gotten any FFP's in ALL MONTH. Like I said, the whole thing is Busch League. Thanks johnsopa for clearing that up for everyone. That is exactly how the launch of this scope has been handled.

I think it has been exactly as vortex said it was going to be slow. It seems some want to stomp there feet and bitch and moan but stop throwing the fucking temper tantrum. Either wait or dont, no one really gives a shit if you "jump ship" or not. Boy that really surprises me that the nsx is better i mean they cost the same and everything....