• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 4 preservation

Mojo0254

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2014
Excuse my ignorance I have never owned a suppressor before. From my understanding at the end of the day the tax stamp is just a piece of paper but it must be with the suppressor at all times. How does everyone protect their tax stamp to prevent it from accidental damage such as rain or anything else?

Excuse my ignorance I have never owned a suppressor before. From my understanding at the end of the day the tax stamp is just a piece of paper but it must be with the suppressor at all times. How does everyone protect their tax stamp to prevent it from accidental damage such as rain or anything else?
Make a copy and keep it with the suppressor. Place the original in a fire proof safe.

Make a copy and keep it with the suppressor. Place the original in a fire proof safe.
Thank you. I didn't know if the original had to be with the suppressor or if you could carry copies. That makes it a lot easier. Keep a copy with the suppressor and the original in the gun safe.

I make 60% size copies and laminate them. I've never been asked to produce one though.

I do the same, make reduced size copies laminate, and toss in the gun cases. Never been asked to produce one. This thread will probably start the age old argument that no one but the ATF can ever demand to see your proof of tax paid. 🙄

Reactions: VanJoe
I have a digital copy on the phone but I wouldn’t hand over the unlocked phone for a fishing expedition. I do have full size copies in the plastic pages you can put inside a three ring binder and that stays in either hard cases or the range bag. Same with your yearly kings permission slips for interstate travel.

What about having a picture of it on your phone? That's what I do with hunting/fishing licenses.
As mention above, I wouldn't want to hand my phone over to LEO who now has control of it and can look through it at will because you gave them permission. Not that I have anything on my phone, but they will need a warrant to get access.

As mention above, I wouldn't want to hand my phone over to LEO who now has control of it and can look through it at will because you gave them permission. Not that I have anything on my phone, but they will need a warrant to get access.
I wouldn't hand them my phone, but I would show them the picture while it's in my hand. That's what I did when asked to show proof of fishing license...one time.

I make 60% copies and have them laminated and keep them in my data book or gun bag. I also have digital copies on my drop box app on my phone. Either will work fine if you’re ever asked to produce a copy.

I do the same, make reduced size copies laminate, and toss in the gun cases. Never been asked to produce one. This thread will probably start the age old argument that no one but the ATF can ever demand to see your proof of tax paid. 🙄
Don't forget about IRS. It is a tax stamp.