• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form for 4 help! for home built suppressor.

jimmyrjessie

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
What steps do I take to apply for a stamp for a DIY project?

If someone has done this and can elaborate on the process they took to acquire all legal documentation to start a build, your help would be a great asset.

Go for it if your in it for a fun project, learning, etc but unless you've got better than average skills and access to decent materials/machinery, the end product might be disappointing. If you buy baffles, tubes, end caps, etc. (vs flashlight/freeze plugs) you'll be well on the way to a cost of a production suppressor and still might not get the performance.

Go for it if your in it for a fun project, learning, etc but unless you've got better than average skills and access to decent materials/machinery, the end product might be disappointing. If you buy baffles, tubes, end caps, etc. (vs flashlight/freeze plugs) you'll be well on the way to a cost of a production suppressor and still might not get the performance.

Yes Sir tool maker for 15 years Bridgeport, lathe and all the tooling and measuring equipment I could need. I think it will work out great when i am done a year from now (lol) we will measure some DB’s....

Good deal, look forward to "hearing" the results! Not sure where Form 1 processing times are these days but I'd guess like F4 you're looking at 6 mo for individual or longer for trust.

Reactions: jimmyrjessie
Just remember, Form 1's are different than Form 4's. There's room for a mailing address for instance. Also make sure to use the most current form. Not sure about new ones, but a couple years ago Form 1's had to be mailed to a different address than Form 4's. So just treat the Form 1 like a brand new form you've never used before.

Don't forget to engrave your info on there and don't forget to fill the box in with that info.

ATF has fillable PDF forms and there are sites that have step by step instructions on how to fill out the new forms. Just search for it, I know one gun trust lawyer has this on his site but there are others too.

Have fun, good luck!

Reactions: jimmyrjessie