• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

formal training north texas

wburke2010

Minuteman
I am wanting to take a class this summer while I am on break from school. I would like something close to home but willing to drive. So far I have been looking at NTRP, Tigervalley, and Rifles only, I know they are not really close to me but if it's worth the trip then it's worth it. Is there anything that I over looked in my area? Also would like to hear personal experiences with these listed. I have never had any formal training, and just recently started precision shooting. To date the farthest I have shot is to 800.
Thanks
Walter

Re: formal training north texas

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those folks, I know Jay and TJ and, they're both great. Rifle's only has a great repuatation that doesn't need to be elaborated on either.

PM me, I live down the street from you and, I imagine you've already discovered TacPro? Maybe we can hook up and shoot sometime.

I've heard nothing but good things about Jay at NTRP, but one on one training can get a little expensive. I took Precision I from Tac Pro. I thought it was good, but we didn't get to spend as much time at >500 that I would have liked. I also felt like sometimes they didn't pay attention to the shooters technique (I wanted someone to watch what I was doing and point out the problems with my fundamentals).

I've also heard about Red River East/West. They have a thousand yard range for private instruction (instructors name is Randy DeHay). Haley and Costa formerly of Magpul Dynamics have scheduled pistol and carbine classes I the next few months at the range as well.

Tiger alley and Rifles Only are only further away.

PM me if you want to go shoot sometime.

I plan on taking the precision class this summer at tiger valley

Also you might check out Badlands Tac Tng Center in Grandfield OK. They are located about 25 miles northwest of Wichita Falls. They offer a 4-day Basic Long Range Precision Rifle Course at a very resonable cost. I am scheduled to attend their 12-15 April course.

CDAT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also you might check out Badlands Tac Tng Center in Grandfield OK. They are located about 25 miles northwest of Wichita Falls. They offer a 4-day Basic Long Range Precision Rifle Course at a very resonable cost. I am scheduled to attend their 12-15 April course.

CDAT </div></div>

+1 for Badlands Tactical Training Facility

Jay at NTRP is a good friend and I've taken training from him. Precision reloading as well as precision rifle. 1-1 training is more expensive but I think the value is there. Jays range is in Seven Points just west of Cedar Creek Lake and will accommodate anyone with any rifle out to 1780 yards. He has barricades and positional challenges. He doesn't have movers. You will enjoy it and learn a lot.

If you're interested in RO in the September PR 1-2 class (6) days, I'm planning to go and would be willing to carpool. I'm in Plano just down the road from the OP.

SP

I dont charge for my time
I shoot @ BOTW 1k range liberty hill TX
More than happy to give ya pointers put you thru your paces, if you still think you need to pay for class then go for it.
Shoot me a pm if you want to discuss further

I've taken one class with NTRP and another with Randy Dehay of Strategic Shooting Dynamics. Trying to plan one with 3 mils right for end of summer or fall time. Josh was good teacher taught me the very basics that I use to this day. Randy helped to tune in the other skills I wanted to learn as his was a 3 day class. Not sure if he's still teaching now. Going to try 3mr as they are very close to me and seem to have a good reputation. Red river firearms is currently working up a new schedule for instructors to come in and they are taking input on what people want to see coming.