• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forster Coax with Inline Fab 4” Micro

Lilfry

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2022
Texas
Anyone running this particular setup with the mount sitting on the bench completely? Trying to determine if 4” mount is tall enough to where the coax won’t contact the top of a table.

PXL_20240305_210808111.jpg

The 7.5 ultra mount would be the shortest you can go. Pic is with standard height ultramount.

Just a smidge too long. The guide rods extend 4 1/32" from top of the plate without the primer catcher. If you want absolutely 0 contact, the 4" Micro Quick Change Ultramount + #8 Quick Change top plate should give you around 3/16" (6/32") of extra height.

Reactions: Lilfry
Anyone running this particular setup with the mount sitting on the bench completely? Trying to determine if 4” mount is tall enough to where the coax won’t contact the top of a table.

No, the 4” isn’t tall enough. By just under a 1/4” or so. (I’m not using the quick change Unimounts.)

Here’s my two Co-Ax’s with the 4” mounts. I moved them forward so the rods are just in front of the bench (no conflicts).

IMG-2473.jpg

IMG-2474.jpg

Last edited:
I do use the quick change plates for both of my 4" Ultramounts. I make sure the rods have about 1/2" of space from the bench face. Obviously the primer tube has plenty of clearance too. I like the quick change plates enough that every press I own has one and I use their plate mounts to hang the one's not in use on the wall.