• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FOUND! - 36mm Mounts - Looking for a Unicorn it seems

cornhuskid

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2008
Olympia, WA
Hi Folks... I am trying to locate a company manufacturing 36mm scope rings to use with a M2124-LR clip on NV optic. From my measurements the M2124-LR has an over the rail optical centerline of 1.575" (ish). I have ordered a Larue LT845 with a height of 1.535" for the S&B but can not locate the proper height in 36mm rings.

I DO find 1.5" and then a jump up to 1.93" or so.

If anyone has knowledge in this I would really appreciate it if they share! If I can't find a suitable mount I will have to part with the ZCO 4-20, not really wanting to do that but... The mount I currently have for that scope is a Audere 1.44" mount that lines up with a PVS-27 perfectly.

Thank you in advance,

J

Last edited:
What’s the rest of the setup look like? Would you be able to put a 2mm shim between the action and scope rail?

Have you tested it with 1.5” rings? 2mm off of optical centerline shouldn’t be the end of the world on the objective end of the scope.

Reactions: deersniper
Without being 100% familiar with your set-up, most everybody I know using a flattop / full length top rail just use 1.50" high mounts, even with NV equipment. Mounts with 1.50 height I'm familiar with are the Spuhr, Tier One, and American Rifle Company M-Brace. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with heights higher than that. Hopefully somebody here that has used similar equipment can chime in with applicability of mounting heights and optical alignment.

Reactions: CSTactical
Hi all, sorry for being vague... I have several platforms for this, all are full length top rails. You are all probably right, I am over thinking this however there has to be a reason Larue manufactures a 1.535" height for NV with zero cant. I'm just trying to get as close to even as possible to the measured 1.575" ish.

Might ask the guys over on the nightvision side to get a better answer than I have but I’m pretty sure with the way the pvs24 works a 1.5” mount is plenty close enough in height to work with little to no poi change. @SkyScrapin maybe could chime in.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
You really need to try it and see.

shocking but people use 1.375 and 1.5 mounts sometimes with 20moa. In conjunction with 1.5 and 1.375 clip ons.

just shoot it see if it is affecting the poi/poa

@cornhuskid

Im running an EraTac 36mm with a Hensoldt 3.5-26. It’s an adjustable mount but I have it set to 0moa of cant and it sits on an AI continuous rail. Works great with the 24LR. I think the EraTac is 1.65” but I forget.

The UTCxii also works with this setup at 1.35” optical center which is a fairly large offset to the day scope.

I’m not seeing any measurable POI change between either night system.

Without being 100% familiar with your set-up, most everybody I know using a flattop / full length top rail just use 1.50" high mounts, even with NV equipment. Mounts with 1.50 height I'm familiar with are the Spuhr, Tier One, and American Rifle Company M-Brace. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with heights higher than that. Hopefully somebody here that has used similar equipment can chime in with applicability of mounting heights and optical alignment.
The Tier One 1.535” high 36mm diameter long saddle unimount is high quality. I have one left over from the last time I had a ZC420 to put on a flattop, just beautiful mounts what with the built in level, Wiha bits, etc..

Reactions: gnochi