• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Foundation Stocks Inlets

SonoranPrecision

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
How specific are the inlets on Foundation stocks? I know some bolt handles have different degrees of throw, some actions have trigger hangers. But for instance, could I put my TL3 into a Foundation with an Impact inlet and have it more or less drop in?

They are specific to the action of course but there is some compatability. I believe the biggest differences are typically around the safety, bolt knob cut out, and maybe ejection cut.

Unless someone knows for sure I'd call or email them. Amazing customer support and will be able to tell you whether it will drop in or what the differences may be.

Reactions: SonoranPrecision
I know there is a difference at the recoil lug inlet between the impact and tl3. I have a stock that was originally inletted for an impact that had the recoil lug opened to be able to run the tl3 in it.

Reactions: st1650 and Mxridr
I know there is a difference at the recoil lug inlet between the impact and tl3. I have a stock that was originally inletted for an impact that had the recoil lug opened to be able to run the tl3 in it.
Yeah I called them this morning, and that’s what they said too. If you don’t mind my asking, how did you go about inleting it?

I wish Foundation made a stock with a Tikka inlet -- maybe one day

Reactions: DROWN
Altus often has them in stock for TL3. not currently but you can get on the "Notify Me" list...

Reviving. Was just thinking the same thing, I have a tenacity sitting on a Manners and I wanted to give one of these a try. Spoke to foundation and they said they do have a tenacity inlet but that it’s not being used by their current distributors so it has to come custom from them and am too impatient for that. The ruckus and deviant have swept handles so I can see that possibly being an issue but I wonder about the other inlets.

Same for me. Bought a used foundation inletted for 737r and had my smith open it for my Nuke.