• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Foundation Stocks

can I steal this pic? The dasher is absolutely beautiful!!
had plans to run manners on my 6.5prc but that’s out now. Definitely going foundation in the dark distressed

Sure.. keep in mind the foundation is a bit heavier than most manners. Not necessarily a bad thing, just FYI.

Reactions: R_Davis
Thank you sir. Yea when I was first looking into building a rifle I was on the fence between manners and foundation ended up leaning towards manner but after seeing the long wait times on manners I don’t have the patience’s for that.

Switched to an Impact action and a new foundation to fit.

Exodus Dark Distressed standard fill
Impact Action
28" kreiger heavy varm 6br chambered by paradigm gunworx
APA gen 3 lil bastard
spuhr rings
ATACR 5-25x56
TT Diamond

the extra length/heavier barrel really balances out this rifle nicely. i need to get an exact weight - but i'm betting around 22 lb.

7CEFF6A7-668C-45AA-910B-F02D47BF8B22.jpeg

Switched to an Impact action and a new foundation to fit.

Exodus Dark Distressed standard fill
Impact Action
28" kreiger heavy varm 6br chambered by paradigm gunworx
APA gen 3 lil bastard
spuhr rings
ATACR 5-25x56
TT Diamond

the extra length/heavier barrel really balances out this rifle nicely. i need to get an exact weight - but i'm betting around 22 lb.

View attachment 7181223

Looks good! Mine is similar but with a 28” no-taper truck axle and it’s just over 20 lb with a Schmidt.

Looks good! Mine is similar but with a 28” no-taper truck axle and it’s just over 20 lb with a Schmidt.
Danggg!

my other origin/foundation/razor with 26” m24 was 21 I think. So I was just basing it off that. I’ll try and remember to dig my fish scale out tonight and weigh it!

Reactions: lte82
Danggg!

my other origin/foundation/razor with 26” m24 was 21 I think. So I was just basing it off that. I’ll try and remember to dig my fish scale out tonight and weigh it!
Well the Razor weighs like 12 pounds by itself lol.

Reactions: Olen_4504
Anyone know where to get LOP spacers for foundation stocks?

I still need to pick-up a 5 rounder for it. Defiance Deviant GA Hunter medium (700 SA) magnum bolt face, Hawkins M5 DBM, PROOF 24" Sendero contour PROOF CF barrel chambered in 7 RSAUM by Sawtooth Rifles, TriggerTech Special, Vortex AMG, APA rings, switchview, and Atlas PSR. I haven't decided on a brake yet, and I'll probably run it suppressed most of the time anyways.

DSC_8430sml.jpg

I still need to pick-up a 5 rounder for it. Defiance Deviant GA Hunter medium (700 SA) magnum bolt face, Hawkins M5 DBM, PROOF 24" Sendero contour PROOF CF barrel chambered in 7 RSAUM by Sawtooth Rifles, TriggerTech Special, Vortex AMG, APA rings, switchview, and Atlas PSR. I haven't decided on a brake yet, and I'll probably run it suppressed most of the time anyways.

View attachment 7216364
Gorgeous. I need to build a hunting rifle off the revelation. So awesome

Hey guys,
When you ordered your stock from Foundation do you spec out your barrel profile like ordering with McMillan and Manners? I'm waiting for the long action release hopefully end of Jan 2020. I plan on running an Exodus in my Deviant Tactical I'm just undecided if I'm going to run a Proof Sendero lite or Bartlein Sendero.
So for those of you running a less than straight contour how much room is there in the forend?

Thanks!

Reactions: Earnhardt
Hey guys,
When you ordered your stock from Foundation do you spec out your barrel profile like ordering with McMillan and Manners? I'm waiting for the long action release hopefully end of Jan 2020. I plan on running an Exodus in my Deviant Tactical I'm just undecided if I'm going to run a Proof Sendero lite or Bartlein Sendero.
So for those of you running a less than straight contour how much room is there in the forend?

Thanks!

I would just message John or Amy at Foundation. They are very responsive.

The standard short action Exodus and Genesis easly fit an MTU contour. The revelation will take up to an M24 contour. THese are from my personal experience. They could give you the exact answer.

Personally, I wish they would've made any cutouts to lighten the hunter version of the stock on the interior of the stock. The cutouts they placed on the outside of the stock totally disrupt the lines of it.

I want to like it, but I just can't.

Personally, I wish they would've made any cutouts to lighten the hunter version of the stock on the interior of the stock. The cutouts they placed on the outside of the stock totally disrupt the lines of it.

I want to like it, but I just can't.

I personally like how they did it, but I get what you're saying.

Reactions: kthomas
Depending on what material or "grain" is showing dictates how the finish turns out.. they are all kind of snowflakes in that regard. Mine is by far the darkest dark distressed I've seen, but I get alot of compliments on it.. it's almost black on red.
Not sure what my next one will look like, but I know it'll be different.

Exodus #2 with a Fuzion inlet. #1 went to Travis at TS Customs.

View attachment 7049193
Looks great, Travis is great to work with.

I have the the Hawkins. Foundation has upped their game. When I bought mine he only offered two. The Hawkins and the KMW.

I have the Hawkins Precision BM in a game scout and it is GTG.

Doesn't get much better than the Hawkins BM.

Doesn't get much better than the Hawkins BM.

I think that's being a bit generous to Hawkins.

No doubt a great BM, it's far from a bad choice and I wouldn't fault anyone for getting one. But there are BM's out there with a bit better features and machining quality.

features is personal preference...what machining quality issues have you seen with Hawkins? I guess i've not had anything but good luck with it and machining quality is much better than some of the others I've tried at the same or even more of a price point.

features is personal preference...what machining quality issues have you seen with Hawkins? I guess i've not had anything but good luck with it and machining quality is much better than some of the others I've tried at the same or even more of a price point.

There's no "issues" per say with the machining quality, they just don't go the extra step and radius/chamfer all the edges.

Again, nothing wrong with the Hawkins, but I wouldn't put it as the benchmark for the best.

I'll agree that for the price it's an excellent BM.

The only issue I had with the Hawkins metal is some sharp edges and 10 minutes with a small file took care of that.

Reactions: Kadams1563
Does anyone know if the genesis standards have the relief cuts in the barrel channel or is that just for the light? Thinking about ordering one then adding the weight kit to it from the PX thread.

Reactions: tturedraiders325
Not that I need them but where and how much out of curiosity? That's gonna be a heavy bitch lol

Oh yea, it's a heavy rifle for sure now. I do like how the balance point is shifted forward though, very handy for barricade shooting.

I ordered from one of the big tungsten suppliers, had to give them the specs and dimensions then long lead time for them to produce it. It ended up being $300 for the full set, but I had to order multiple kits in order to get that price point. I've got a couple extra kits if anyone is interested.

Oh yea, it's a heavy rifle for sure now. I do like how the balance point is shifted forward though, very handy for barricade shooting.

I ordered from one of the big tungsten suppliers, had to give them the specs and dimensions then long lead time for them to produce it. It ended up being $300 for the full set, but I had to order multiple kits in order to get that price point. I've got a couple extra kits if anyone is interested.
I just told you I didn't need these but when you tell me you have extra I suddenly feel like I do I have exodus stocks though. The holes aren't as deep right?

how do those stay in? How much for a kit?

I posted it up in the post exchange with more details...

Reactions: mercracing
I posted it up in the post exchange with more details...

If anyone knows anyone with one of the tungsten kits they don’t want, let me know.

Also, here’s a pic of the newest offering from foundation, the “centurion.”

26875508-5E62-46B8-9AD1-71A557FE1218.jpeg

I absolutely love mine...super comfortable! Not to mention the customer service is fantastic and super responsive. Great group of people over there...not one complaint...except that I don’t have two of them...yet

Attachments

• 93712143-1214-48AD-8D72-125539978E5E.jpeg
    93712143-1214-48AD-8D72-125539978E5E.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 293
  • 4A4D8868-A475-417C-B594-571C7F6C2D35.jpeg
    4A4D8868-A475-417C-B594-571C7F6C2D35.jpeg
    886.3 KB · Views: 303
  • BD3D5B57-CFD6-4CBC-AD44-1B25FD647B19.jpeg
    BD3D5B57-CFD6-4CBC-AD44-1B25FD647B19.jpeg
    584.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 87D793E4-E0A3-4029-BCD8-FC34479FF703.jpeg
    87D793E4-E0A3-4029-BCD8-FC34479FF703.jpeg