• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Foundation weight kit

Most people are using 2 sided tape or silicone. Both of those are fairly easy to remove. Not sure about gluing. Maybe hard to remove

Reactions: Jeff_Johnson
I have one genesis kit left. I’ve been in SH jail. Apparently I didn’t read the rules on posting items for sale.

I'll take a second Exodus kit when you have more. Send me a message when you get more made up.

Please pm me when you have a genesis kit available, I will take it.

I read that Duct Seal or plumber’s putty will non-permanently keep weight in, uh, holes ? .

Can you make tungsten weights for the genesis 2?

edit: I should state that given the hardness of tungsten, I wouldn’t expect either drill holes or the hex shape. Just regular rod in whatever diameter fits. And tungsten alloy, vs pure, would work too.

If the diameter is .75” and depth .75”, I think 17g/cc density tungsten alloy would give a guy almost 4.5 lbs vs 1.8 lbs for brass. But I’m not a mechanical engineer.

With a Foundation Genesis 2, a guy could almost get his rifle up to 20 lbs, which is my goal. I’m trying to figure out Foundation vs chassis (KRG Whiskey, Bravo, or MDT ACC).

For me, heavier is better (to a point of diminishing returns), and the “deadness” I hear about with Foundation stocks intrigues me.

Last edited:
Never checked the price or machinability of tungsten. You can get close to 20 lbs. with no weights added. My rifle is a defiance action, foundation genesis stock, 26" MTU barrel, and Razor Gen 2 scope and it weighs 19 lbs.

Reactions: pazzo
Never checked the price or machinability of tungsten. You can get close to 20 lbs. with no weights added. My rifle is a defiance action, foundation genesis stock, 26" MTU barrel, and Razor Gen 2 scope and it weighs 19 lbs.
Yeah, I have a stock 26” stainless Remington varmint barrel, so it isn’t as heavy as yours. With my Razor Gen 2 4.5-27 (no stock) it’s about 10.5 lbs. so I need 9.5 lbs to get to 20.

If you remove your stock, what does your rifle weigh? I ask because I’m wondering how much weight the MTU profile barrel adds over the varmint.

Bought some weights and finally got them installed last night to help balance my rifle. Love them!
477DD126-33C5-4300-BE3E-57BDB2A619F1.jpeg

Reactions: Kjohnson 1972
Whats the standard weight of a MG2 before the weight kit? the website shows about 5 pounds for all 3 stock but there's no way a Genesis weights the same as an Exodus.

Not sure. The weight kit adds 1.8 lbs to the genesis. I would assume the genesis and exodus are close in weight. The exodus has shallower pockets in the fore end.

Weights mount under cheek rest. How tall do you want? .250” tall adds 1/2 pound.