• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

fox 42 coming anytime soon?

@Massoud any update on Fox 42?

seen a few reviews and one for sale on ar15 forums, just want to know if you guys are going to release soon?

There are beta test Fox-42's out in a few guys hands. No one should be selling them. So far we're pleased generally but have a few tweaks for actual production. We are expecting that sometime within 12 months from now.
Thank you,
Justin

Reactions: never_summer
thanks @Massoud will hold off on large frame for you guys. I should hit US again next summer and be off for rest of year, so no rush on this end.

and yeah. someone is selling one for 8k. whew.

Yeah I saw the one for sale on barf.com

it bugs the heck out of me when a company does beta testing and one of the beta testers sells the items. Especially at a very high profit margin, when they agreed no to do so.
It makes a lot of companies not want to send out test samples.

Justin, is it too far out to know what caliber offerings you’ll settle on? I went and found the one others mentioned was for sale. Maybe the seller is right and I’m ignorant, but what is the “Tikka mounting system“ the seller claims it uses? I see a picatinny rail, so unless there’s a Sako/Tikka 17mm rail under there, I’m lost.

Well don't get too down on him, we didn't make them sign a no-sell agreement. We did make them pay for it although a very low amount compared to the anticipated retail price ($3-5k for a rough range). We were pretty flattered he was trying to get $8k out of it. The production ones will be improved and way less money. We found out who it is so we'll take it into account in the future.

As far as the Tikka reference, the Fox takes a Tikka barrel/barrel nut system (with an added hole for the gas port of course). If you didn't want a semi-auto you could put any T3 barrel that is set up for a barrel nut on there without worrying about the port. There isn't a step in the barrel although on the factory barrels there will be a minor relief to get the gas block on without scratching the muzzle end of the barrel.

Right now 6.5 Creed will be primary, 7.62x51 of course, and possibly 6mm Creed too. I just built myself up one in 6mm to do some testing. We also might have a surprise caliber that would be fun ;)

Thanks guys,
Justin