• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing FoxPro Predator electronic call

Kubitza123

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
Central Texas near Waco
Hey fellas I need a good call and wondering if anyone has used one? Where I find them the are about $200 and reviews seem to be good . How far out will the remote function?

Thinking of getting one to call up the yotes so just wondering if they are worth the cash .

Re: FoxPro Predator electronic call

I have a fox pro spitfire and it is a really decent call for $200. Really no need for anymore then what it has on board but you can download any you want to the sd card. Remote prolly works to 100yd or so.

Yeah, FoxPro are fanastic!! They really work and worth every penny.

I have the Fury...which comes with 100 calls! I love it!

The Wildfire and/or Spitfire comes with 25 calls and is great for the price, ~$200.

You won't be sorry!

I can't speak for the spitfire exactly but I have an fx-3 and it does the business.

Just remember the remote needs clear line of sight to work. So when you set it up, try to make sure your caller is a couple feet off the ground. Nothing pisses me off worse than slipping around getting it all set up and having the remote hang up or not cut off and having to change position with the call going. It'll get you busted every time!

Breeze

I have an FX-5 I it works great. I've called in a ton of coyotes and a good handful of bobcats. Worth what they charge. I had a couple other callers before this that sucked. Just like Southbreeze said MAKE SURE you can see the caller or theres a good chance you won't control the caller.

FYI....Cabelas has the FoxPro Spitfire for $119.99 for Black Friday. I'm heading in for one and hope they aren't all scooped up by 5:15AM.

Something I've done in the field with great results is to buy a monopod shooting stick. Hell, Wally World has em for ten bucks that go from 18" to standing height and the gun rest unscrews. Remove it and screw the monopod into your fox pro and u have instant adjustable height stand for it. Simply stick it in the ground and it free stands nicely. Obviously frozen ground could be a problem but so far it works great.

Ive been using my Fury for 4 yrs now and have over 200 sounds on it. Foxpro is the best caller out there.

Last thing I want to recommend is buy the lithium AA batteries for it. They're the only thing I've had consistent luck with any temp.

Breeze

I am now looking a FoxPro myself. I bought the Johnny Stewart electric call and it is horrible.

I have played with most of the Foxpro callers as well as some other brands including field testing the new Mojo Double Trouble. For the price you can't go wrong with Foxpro and Foxpro stands behind their product with one of the best customer service departments in the business.

I have three e-callers and find myself using the Foxpro keeping the others as backups only.

Actually my favorite caller is the WildLife Tech. With that horn, you can blast prairies with it. shit it's loud.

For the stand, I took one of those $15 adjustable floor sitting halogen lamps (500w type bulb) and removed the light and put the speaker in it's place.

Now you can adjust the angle of the speaker too.

cheers,
Breeze

I have the original Prairie Blaster. It was my first electronic call and has blown away my expectations. My remote has never failed me at ranges out to 150 yards or so. The PB is really loud but also heavy. If I were to do it all over again, I'd buy one of the reconditioned ones off the FP website for little $. "Lightning Jack" is my favorite pre loaded call. It works wonders on Coyotes out west.

Just picked up a primos and decoy, my buddy has the spitfire. We're goin to,compare them. Both around $200