• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FPGT72's Story thread...Update Limpet mine

fpgt72

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
I have done a great many things in my time on the big blue marble, I had a suggestion to do some stories on the different things and in the different threads when I do a (Story time:) people seem to enjoy the stories I tell. All are true, all I have done myself, not second hand stories. I am not bragging in these stories I have been lucky enough to do quite a few things. Some stories I may not remember till another thread pushes the recall button, if you read other threads you will likely see them down here as well. The stories may get long and in multi posts. Topics will be all over the board, and I am likely to be a bit wordy.

We will see how the interest goes....if it seems people are reading them I will keep doing it.

So lets see.........

Story time:

Hay dad you got any baby powder?

That was a question asked to me by my teenage son. I would guess he was 17-18-ish, and we are outside working.....hay IIRC. It is a typical hot and humid Missouri summer day, likely in the upper 90's in both heat and humidity....it was hot sticky sweaty work. You also wear long pants and sleeves when working hay, if you don't you will get real itchy real fast and even more miserable.

What?

Do you have any baby powder.

Why would I have baby powder.

You know when you start to chafe

Chafe what

You know.......down there.

I don't chafe down there, why are you chafing.

Don't you shave

My face

Down there

No, do you.

Yea everyone does it now.

Everyone

Yea

Even girls

Expecially girls

Why

Hair is yucky and gross.

Is this some pedo thing

NO

Does your girlfriend like you looking like you are a 6yr old boy, do you like your girlfriend looking like a 6yr old girl?

NOOOO!!!! I knew better then to ask you anything, it is nothing like that.

Rest easy there champ, just jerking your chain a bit. No I don't have any, you might check with mom she might have some.

I will tough it out, I don't want to ask mom.

Now you know why adult men have hair between their legs. Go inside change your shorts, wash your self off a bit then get your ass back out here.

I have a feeling he still shaves his junk, it is so trendy now.

More stories to follow as I think of them and when I have a minute to wright them.

You got blown up by a limpet mine.......in Angola?

That was my question to a guy I know named Jan. He is from South Africa and came to the US in the 90's.

I was telling him I was reading up on Rhodesia and was interested in the goings on during their brush war. He tells me after I finish that go look into the South Africa / Angola war. That was my war he said. Will do.

I never knew anything about this. Another "proxy" war between the east and west, this time in Angola. After the commies won in Rhodesia with a great deal of help from the west they set their eyes on Angola.

Jan was telling me that everyone in south africa knew the days are numbered. Whats the phrase delay the inevitable. Well why did you fight then if you know you are going to loose. We all knew we would loose in the end, we might not have admitted it to ourselves or only when drunk, but everyone know. I think the fight was to give time in South Africa for people to get out. He was able to get most of his close family out, one sister stayed behind after the "fall of white rule" and within 5 years she was raped and dead. He said coldly you just can't help some people no matter how hard you try.

He was actually fairly open about his being blown up.....

Yea we had just gone over a bridge and there was a huge rock on the other side, there was a mine there somewhere and blew the Eland to hell and back. (Eland is a french armored car). Thing went tits over ass and ended up in the river. All those inside got turned into jelly, I just had a huge chunk taken out of my leg. Yea I had something like that happen with a dead dog....I don't quite look at road kill the same. What happened, basically the same thing, yea.

He still has contacts back home and we still chat often still, he has changed jobs. He came here became a US citizen and for the life of him can't figure out why we are trying so hard to toss it all away. It is odd, that is such the common theme with most my "foreign" friends, they see this country as different EVERY MOTHERS SON OF THEM. This is not like any place in the world, the US is different and special, you have no idea how good you got it. Oh I know, trust me you don't. You may have been deployed there, but you did not LIVE there. It is very different. I can see that, I see it like a tourist even if I am trying to kill people, yea you are just a tourist, an american in a foreign land. Ok.....

The people back in South Africa.....that is another thing, he does not refer to that as "home", I have noticed 99% of my firends don't. This is home, that is not.....interesting. But things are pretty rough, not enough water, corruption so bad it is just off the chart. Paying bribes just to go into town is just a way of life. Power going out, everything is falling apart. They are not taking care of anything, they just get what they can out of it and let everything else just rot. Yes, just like here, and just like everything. You know Sears, it was a fantastic company where the people that are in charge have no investment in the company, no work, they just run it into the ground and move on. It is the way of the world.

Jan said yes it is, but it can't be that way forever, the rubber band will break.

He is a smart guy, speaks like 5 languages....I trust his judgement.

It is interesting talking to folk that grew up in other parts of the world, then came to the US.

Reactions: SDBguy95
5320F156-92CA-4F0D-BB96-EC8206DECAAD.jpeg

You got blown up by a limpet mine.......in Angola?

That was my question to a guy I know named Jan. He is from South Africa and came to the US in the 90's.

I was telling him I was reading up on Rhodesia and was interested in the goings on during their brush war. He tells me after I finish that go look into the South Africa / Angola war. That was my war he said. Will do.

I never knew anything about this. Another "proxy" war between the east and west, this time in Angola. After the commies won in Rhodesia with a great deal of help from the west they set their eyes on Angola.

Jan was telling me that everyone in south africa knew the days are numbered. Whats the phrase delay the inevitable. Well why did you fight then if you know you are going to loose. We all knew we would loose in the end, we might not have admitted it to ourselves or only when drunk, but everyone know. I think the fight was to give time in South Africa for people to get out. He was able to get most of his close family out, one sister stayed behind after the "fall of white rule" and within 5 years she was raped and dead. He said coldly you just can't help some people no matter how hard you try.

He was actually fairly open about his being blown up.....

Yea we had just gone over a bridge and there was a huge rock on the other side, there was a mine there somewhere and blew the Eland to hell and back. (Eland is a french armored car). Thing went tits over ass and ended up in the river. All those inside got turned into jelly, I just had a huge chunk taken out of my leg. Yea I had something like that happen with a dead dog....I don't quite look at road kill the same. What happened, basically the same thing, yea.

He still has contacts back home and we still chat often still, he has changed jobs. He came here became a US citizen and for the life of him can't figure out why we are trying so hard to toss it all away. It is odd, that is such the common theme with most my "foreign" friends, they see this country as different EVERY MOTHERS SON OF THEM. This is not like any place in the world, the US is different and special, you have no idea how good you got it. Oh I know, trust me you don't. You may have been deployed there, but you did not LIVE there. It is very different. I can see that, I see it like a tourist even if I am trying to kill people, yea you are just a tourist, an american in a foreign land. Ok.....

The people back in South Africa.....that is another thing, he does not refer to that as "home", I have noticed 99% of my firends don't. This is home, that is not.....interesting. But things are pretty rough, not enough water, corruption so bad it is just off the chart. Paying bribes just to go into town is just a way of life. Power going out, everything is falling apart. They are not taking care of anything, they just get what they can out of it and let everything else just rot. Yes, just like here, and just like everything. You know Sears, it was a fantastic company where the people that are in charge have no investment in the company, no work, they just run it into the ground and move on. It is the way of the world.

Jan said yes it is, but it can't be that way forever, the rubber band will break.

He is a smart guy, speaks like 5 languages....I trust his judgement.

It is interesting talking to folk that grew up in other parts of the world, then came to the US.
It’s rather telling or interesting that there’s a media black out (lol) on what’s happening in SA and what happened to Rhoedesia which used to be the breadbasket of africa and now is starving

Reactions: Maxwell
It’s rather telling or interesting that there’s a media black out (lol) on what’s happening in SA and what happened to Rhoedesia which used to be the breadbasket of africa and now is starving
No different then when they stop talking about climate change fires after they find the guy that started them.

When they can't support the BS tower they built the run from it before it falls. Sadly a great many people in that section of the world will soon be covered in shit. But not those standing on the top of the pile. But they are slowly starting to learn the US is not going to bail them out, there is however an Asian country that will, but not for free like the US did, they will want something back for their help.

Reactions: Maxwell and BurtG