• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Freak Accident!!

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
sagrhendeath002.jpg

Ran into this on my way out to a call stand yesterday. Dead Sage Hen. The only thing I could come up with is it hit the fence at high speed and got decapitated...one of the more bizzare things I've seen. I did'nt miss seeing it by much as it was still warm. You could see blood splattered around on the ground where the perverbial "chicken with his head cut off" dance took place..

Re: Freak Accident!!

Someone was probably chasing it with a drilling rig.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone was probably chasing it with a drilling rig.
grin.gif
</div></div>

I don't care who you are.... that's funny !!

Talk about bad luck....bet it really twanged the wire.

I live in the middle of town and one spring a deer came running through the yards and went to duck under the top bar of a chain link fence. Didn't see the fence and broke its neck.

SHIT...take this down ASAP! Before you know it...the animal rights activists will be forcing us to take down property line fences now....for god's sake, it's killing the sage hens!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone was probably chasing it with a drilling rig.
grin.gif
</div></div>

I don't care who you are.... that's funny !! </div></div>
+1

I agree with Ishikawa 100% these are endangered in Washington. This needs to be removed or all the fences will have to be taken down, just like the loggers had to quit logging because of the spotted owl back in the early 90's

i watched a Red-tailed hawk swooping down for a gopher when the gopher squeeked through a woven wire fence and the hawk hit the fence inches behind the gopher. both survived the encounter ok, but i was really rooting for the hawk.

"BOINggg"!
That's no way to get ahead in Life...
laugh.gif

WIRE YOU DOING THIS TO ME??????(In my best bird voice) Cool Pics.
Scot

Well I hope you took him home and ate him, shame to let good meat go to waste...(Having not seen the pic yet as I'm on an NMCI computer).

Friday I had a pheasant jump out in front of my truck coming back from Shelton with my daughter - ran his ass right over (Centered over him) and he got up and flew a ways.

Went back with my daughter, figured I'd take him home and eat him but no, he flew up into a tree and was sitting there staring at me.

IF the car ahead of me had gotten him, he would have been a goner...

This must be from those wind energy turbines in Wyoming, all of the tree huggers say that those are endangering the sage grouse and it obvious this one flew into one in Wyoming and it must have flung it into a barbwire fence in Montana.

But seriously that's a pretty strange thing to see, glad you got pictures. It'd be pretty hard to believe someone without them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I hope you took him home and ate him, shame to let good meat go to waste...(Having not seen the pic yet as I'm on an NMCI computer).

Friday I had a pheasant jump out in front of my truck coming back from Shelton with my daughter - ran his ass right over (Centered over him) and he got up and flew a ways.

Went back with my daughter, figured I'd take him home and eat him but no, he flew up into a tree and was sitting there staring at me.

IF the car ahead of me had gotten him, he would have been a goner... </div></div>

I heard that-pheasant braissed in some fresh tomatoe and garlic,lots a basil.Better than a squirrel samich!!!
grin.gif

A fellow Hide'r had a jack rabbit jump strait up in the air while standing in the middle of the gravel road. Hit the pick up high on the windshield and caused the over head sun glasses holder / cd storage bin of an '06 Ford FX4 to fly open spilling lots of goodies into the cab. No damage to the wind shield at all. Can't say the same about the jackrabbit.