• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment FREE / .308 gauges, barrel vise, action wrench

Thank you!, I'm gonna be sending a small donation your way and as soon as the gages from Hereinaz show up I will get everything packaged and out.

Reactions: dspjaggar
@hereinaz Did you send the gages out? I'm holding off on sending the kit out to @iShoot17 so everything is together i don't have any tracking so I'm just wondering when I will be able to send it off.

I haven't got sidetracked and forgot. Had an employee with a brother in law that died from Covid.

I will ship it out priority mail today.

I haven't got sidetracked and forgot. Had an employee with a brother in law that died from Covid.

I will ship it out priority mail today.

Man sorry to here, why don't we send everything to @iShoot17 that way he will receive them both about the same time and can take it from there.

I have his shipping info I will send it to you PM if it sounds like a good plan and will work for you.

Package shipped to @iShoot17

1) Barrel vice,
2) Action vice w handle,
3) .308 gauges
4) barrel & Action wrenches
5) Shims

-beebeetee-
-Motoflier-
Ishoot17
Imperfect liberty

Heyo, y’all! I got the package last night, and got the barrel off the action this morning. My needs are met! I’ll get pictures of everything.

Thanks a lot, @dspjaggar!

@hereinaz Did you ever ship the gauges? I need to figure out if I should hold off shipping or if I should keep this sucker going. @ImperfectLiberty I’ll need your mailing address! Shoot me a PM!

@iShoot17 I actually ended up grabbing a different barrel so I don't need it just yet! Skip me over this time and hopefully it will still be around when I actually need it. Thanks a bunch. You guys are all awesome 🤘

It's pretty beat up now. Probably not worth spending money on this one. I did order a 21st century barrel vice off another member. Maybe I'll try again another time. Might donate the vice to this experiment once I get done a couple upcoming barrel changes.
Just cut a ring in the barrel with a angle grinder right in front of the recoil lug/receiver face. It will come right off.... Works like a charm with Tikka and Rem700 factory barrels...

Will do...I'll give it a try

Here is a Rem700 308 factory barrel that wouldnt move without a relief cut...just used a dewalt angle hand grinder with a cut off wheel. Doesn't have to be pretty or super deep. Just stay in front of and don't hit your receiver... it will pop right off. You can see those threads why it wouldn't come off without a relief cut...No matter how hot I heated it up, wouldnt come off without the relief cut.

Reactions: KZP
^This is what I had to do to get the varmint barrel off my M700 action. No matter how tight I put the barrel vice in my bench vice, it would eventually twist. I was trying to save the barrel for a Buddy, but realized it wasn’t happening.

I put the action in the action wrench (without the handle) and placed it in my bench vice. I twisted the action just enough that the recoil lug was sitting flat on the action wrench but NOT in the recoil lug slot. I then raised the wrench high enough that the guard on my angle grinder sat on the jaws of my vice and acted as a guide to prevent going low and hitting the action. I took my time and worked my way around the entire barrel. Once I got the full way around, I put it back in the barrel vice, clamped hard and the action broke free of the barrel with little pressure.

That barrel never shot that well anyways!

Reactions: KZP and dspjaggar
Super good idea and props to everyone involved so far restoring my faith in humanity and this small group!

count me in after boltactionbrotherhood. I need the barrel vise, but will gladly accept the whole package .

Awesome idea, glad its working. I have rebarreled a couple savages. If anyone has questions just message me, I will help if I can.

hey guys I WILL NOT be needing anything after all. AGAIN i will not need t any thing.

hey guys sorry been out for a while

looks like bolt action brotherhood and svthuh need the tools ?

send me a pm with shipping info boltactionbrotherhood and send the 15 for shipping and ill get it out, tomorrow or Monday.

you can send it straight to svthuh and so on until it gets back to me again

hey everyone the tools are currently in circulation and I will be away from home until August time frame. So in order to keep this going, if you find yourself as the last one in line with the tools please keep them and monitor the thread and send to the next person who need them when it pops up again. I'll have internet access here and there and will pop in but I'm leaving it on yall.

its been working pretty well so far, lets keep it going.

hey everyone the tools are currently in circulation and I will be away from home until August time frame. So in order to keep this going, if you find yourself as the last one in line with the tools please keep them and monitor the thread and send to the next person who need them when it pops up again. I'll have internet access here and there and will pop in but I'm leaving it on yall.

its been working pretty well so far, lets keep it going.
10-4!

Just found this thread after searching for what tools I will need to remage my 280AI. I am not in a rush either but I do have the barrel so if @BoltActionBrotherhood has not gotten his in yet I would be willing to be the next in line if @svthuh could send them my way? I will forward them on to @BoltActionBrotherhood or whomever once I am done. Just send me a PM for the address and let me know how much to send you for shipping?

The package will ship Monday to @Partagas

For reference this is what was included it when I got it. This is what is in the package as it sits now, plus I also added a factory r700 recoil lug and some aluminum stock pillars for anyone who needs them.

2748E951-A575-4373-B217-DF2B13CA6432.jpeg

The package will ship Monday to @Partagas

For reference this is what was included it when I got it. This is what is in the package as it sits now, plus I also added a factory r700 recoil lug and some aluminum stock pillars for anyone who needs them.

View attachment 7535914
Received the package this morning when I got the mail. The handle is missing as well as the shims. There was a small tear in the corner of the box and the handle must have slipped out and I guess the shims with it. I will try and come up with a replacement handle of some sort. Were the shims for the barrel wrench?

Received the package this morning when I got the mail. The handle is missing as well as the shims. There was a small tear in the corner of the box and the handle must have slipped out and I guess the shims with it. I will try and come up with a replacement handle of some sort. Were the shims for the barrel wrench?
That sucks! They were lead shims. I didn’t end up using them at all.
I thought I had that box taped up well enough to survive.
I did however insure it so if you want to file a claim for the cost of the missing pieces, you are welcome to.

That sucks! They were lead shims. I didn’t end up using them at all.
I thought I had that box taped up well enough to survive.
I did however insure it so if you want to file a claim for the cost of the missing pieces, you are welcome to.
The box was a little beat up and you did have it trapped except right at the corner that tore out. I think I'll try a claim just because. In the mean time I think I'll find a big bolt or all thread and fashion a handle.

Reactions: 3-0-hate
Bummer, hopefully they can replace it. I was using a new box everytime bc of this fear.. maybe one of our resident smiths can cut down and thread an old barrel to fit. Idk if it would work or not.

Bummer, hopefully they can replace it. I was using a new box everytime bc of this fear.. maybe one of our resident smiths can cut down and thread an old barrel to fit. Idk if it would work or not.
I used a new box as well and I thought I taped it well enough. I’m bummed this happened on my watch. Hopefully the insurance will cover the replacement costs and all will be well again.