• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Free Form 4 Tax Stamp

feely1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2007
Texas, USA
Gemtech is going to pay the Form 4 tax stamps on selected silencer models ordered starting 15 APR 2010- 30 APR 2010.

Qualifying Silencers for GemTech's Free Form 4 Tax Stamp

1) SANDSTORM Titanium 7.62mm Suppressor

2) G5 5.56mm QD Suppressor

3) MultiMount 9mm Suppressor

4) Raptor-II 9mm or Raptor-40 .40 S&W/10mm SMG suppressor with 3-lug QD mount

Re: Free Form 4 Tax Stamp

still dont want one! heh

Cant find out which cans are up for the paid tax stamp. I went to Gemtech and did not find any info. I am interested though....I love my Sandstorm

List should be up Apr 15. If I get more info I will forward it to the hide. I am just trying inform members of what is going on. If you are interested feel free to contact your local class 3 dealer, gemtech, or pm me. If you are not interested go back to watching Oprah.

Nicely done feely1.

Passively and backhandedly insulting people who aren't interested in POS gemtech cans by implying that they watch Oprah.

Well done. Amazingly well played. Sorry I've overstayed my limit now, Oprah's on... got to run!

PM sent, thanks for the heads up.

Sandstorm is a hell of a deal with a paid tax stamp, hope it's on the list.

like I said if you are interested please contribute. If you are interested in comparing silencer manuf. there are plenty of threads on the hide already doing so. I will post listings tomorrow. Thanks

Feely you work for Gemtech?

No I do not work for Gemtech. I was forwarded the info 3 days ago. I am a class 3 dealer in Texas among other things. I just wanted to pass the info on to the hide members. If I can help some of you out great if not maybe you all can save a couple hundred and use your local class 3 dealer.

Pulled from Gemtech facebook link:

SANDSTORM – A precision-crafted, accurate, and 100% high-grade featherweight titanium 7.62 NATO and subcaliber threadmounting silencer.
SANDSTORM INFO SANDSTORM 7.62

MULTIMOUNT – The best marriage of value and sonic performance going for 9mm handguns, carbines, and SMGs. Backed by GEMTECH, the innovators of the modular 9mm pistol/carbine silencer concept, with the best customer service in the business.
MULTIMOUNT INFO MM9

G5 – Industry leading sound performance in a National Stock Numbered 5.56mm carbine suppressor, in duty use with domestic and NATO troops around the world: Rugged and light, with a quick & secure mounting system.
G5 INFO

RAPTOR – The quintessential and quiet SMG workhorse, with our patented and proven 3-lug female quick disconnect, mounts quickly and securely to MP5s and other 9mm carbines with a male 3-lug adapter (not included). Applies to both .40S&W and 9mm variants.
RAPTOR INFO

*These are the ONLY models the Gemtax rebate promotion applies to. Supplies limited to stock on hand throughout April 15-30th Absolutely no backorders. We will post if/when we run out of any model on facebook.com/gemtech and in our Industry Forum on ARFCOM.

The qualifying model suppressor(s) must be purchased from any dealer from April 15, 2010 and close of business April 30, 2010, and your Form 4 must be received here at Gemtech (Eagle, Idaho offices) by close of business June 15, 2010. Send your Form 4 to:

List is up. Thanks Handloader. The June 15 deadline will require people to expedite their paperwork to get it back to Gemtech. If you are in Texas and need a class 3 dealer please contact me. I suggest everyone else use your local class 3 shop. Good Luck Pat

Nice deal except if you buy a can today there's no way to get a form 4 back by June. 3-4 month wait times currently.

This promotion is for current inventory at Gemtech. Your dealer should be able to have your form 4 ready to ship back to Gemtech within a week ( my turn around is 3 days) of you purchashing the silencer. If you are getting a LE signature, that will most likely be the delay. The June 15 deadline is more than enough time to get your paperwork done. If you have any questions contact me or PM for phone numbers.

I did not understand that to mean that ATF approval must be completed by 6/15. That would be impossible. Only that your dealer sends the form 4 to Gemtech by that date.

Note that they said "Form 4" not "Approved Form 4" or "Stamp."

...and I'll take a sandstorm thankyouverymuch.

--Fargo007

You know, the more I think about, $200 is $200, if one likes Gemtech, then this is a meaningful savings. If the model that you want is there, well?

Ordered the Sandstorm I've been wanting this morning. Now the wait...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaydoc1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice deal except if you buy a can today there's no way to get a form 4 back by June. 3-4 month wait times currently. </div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">[Mods / Board Owners - Please remove this post if my comments below are inappropriate. Intent is not to promote anything in this thread, just clarifying so no one makes a costly mistake. I view this board as your house, and I wouldn't want to overstep in my guest-role here...]
</span>

Sir,

To clarify the way the annual April 15th "Tax Day" GEMTAX Promotion works, an end-user buys one of the four qualifying models from his dealer between April 15 and April 30. Everything is unchanged as compared to a normal suppressor transaction - the only difference is, instead of sending the completed Form 4 to the NFA Branch, it is sent to Gemtech.

This is where the June 15th deadline comes into play - we must receive the end-users application (Form 4) <span style="text-decoration: underline">before</span> it is approved, not <span style="text-decoration: underline">after</span>. There should be plenty of time to get a Form 3 to a non-stocking dealer, if that's necessary, and a Form 4 application signed by local CLEO, fingerprints done, etc., before June 15th deadline. We had hundreds of people take advantage of the promo last year, even with a few backorders we honored, and no one missed the deadline (<span style="font-style: italic">other than three guys that apparently didn't read the instructions <span style="text-decoration: underline">at all</span> and sent them over four *months* late...</span>)

When the Form 4 application is received at Gemtech, we then establish that it is, indeed, a qualifying silencer purchased within the promotion time-window, and we write a $200 check to the BATFE which is sent along with the customer's Form 4 to the NFA Branch for processing.

There is no rebate or check sent to either dealer or customer, no difference in pricing on the product, etc. - we are simply offering to pay your entire tax for the transfer. It's an idea I came up with to be Gemtech's way of hopefully bringing some cheer to the clients, helping new shooters take the plunge into NFA ownership, and a big giveback time for those that just want get away from some of the negativity that's prevalent in the suppressor community and just get out and enjoy some suppressed shooting.

So timeline:

Qualifying model bought from dealer between April 15 and April 30
Form 4 application received at GEMTECH prior to June 15
End-user gets an email/postcard that we received their Form 4.
We pay the tax for that transfer, and UPS it off to NFA for processing.
End-user gets an email/postcard when it is sent to BATFE.
Dealer received approved Form 4, just like always.
End-user picks up approved suppressor, goes shooting and enjoys life.

As news of our promotion goes around the various boards and whatnot, things can always take on a life of their own, people misrepresent or mistake points, so I'm taking a rare moment to step in and make sure people don't make any embarrassing mistakes.
Full details are at our official fan page, facebook.com/gemtech and some links to info are on the "News" section of our website. I'd advise that any financial decisions be based on the official sources of info - call us if you have questions, we're always there to ask.

Thanks and Regards all,

Kel

Kel Whelan
Government & Industry Liaison
GEMTECH
Eagle, ID

What about if the models you specify are at a local dealer ready to transfer? Do we still need to send anything to Gemtech? I thought that all paperwork had to originate from your C3 dealer when a Form 4 transfer was being done? How can we send all the paperwork to Gemtech then have you all look over it and issue a check to the gov for us? I didnt think the ATF/NFA branch would be approving a form if it came from a 3rd party.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about if the models you specify are at a local dealer ready to transfer? Do we still need to send anything to Gemtech? I thought that all paperwork had to originate from your C3 dealer when a Form 4 transfer was being done? How can we send all the paperwork to Gemtech then have you all look over it and issue a check to the gov for us? I didnt think the ATF/NFA branch would be approving a form if it came from a 3rd party.

</div></div>

Yes you have to send your paperwork(or your SOT will) to Gemtech and they mail it to ATF with the $200 tax stamp check.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about if the models you specify are at a local dealer ready to transfer? Do we still need to send anything to Gemtech? I thought that all paperwork had to originate from your C3 dealer when a Form 4 transfer was being done? How can we send all the paperwork to Gemtech then have you all look over it and issue a check to the gov for us? I didnt think the ATF/NFA branch would be approving a form if it came from a 3rd party.

</div></div>

I do the paperwork for all of my transfers... I fill it out, I have them sign it, and I send it in... half of the problems (if not more) that people have with their transfer times are due to dealers not sending the paperwork in
smile.gif

It doesn't matter who sends it in so long as it has the proper signatures.

So, get it filled out, signed and send it to gemtech who attach a check and send it in... Hell the ATF doesn't even know who sent it in... they only care that the check clears and that the paperwork is filled out correctly... the envelope with "proof" of who sent it in gets thrown away.
smile.gif

Kent

Thanks for the response to the Gemtech promo. I am finalizing my order 04/22/2010 to Gemtech. If you are interested in the Gemtax deal send me a pm. If you are already participating with your local class 3 dealer, good luck and Thanks Again Pat.