• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Free (I guess) Berger Bullets

LongRangeSweden

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2011
Sweden
- info; I have already put this topic up in the reloading section but since there wasn't that many who answered I'm still looking for the one that may benefit by this in a good way. Someone that needs this
smile.gif

Hi hide members,
So, since I hand load and mostly use Berger bullets I was really surprised when I saw a pice of paper in the box. At first I was happy but then I realized that it was my usual luck.

That little piece of paper said:
~Winner~
You have won FREE
Berger Bullets
To redeem please call
714-447-5428
Code: xxxx Valid in US Only

Well, since this is my usual luck and I don't live in the US (unfortunately) I was thinking like this - I'll give this one away to a hide member. So at least somebody may enjoy it.
Now the thing is, I want someone who really needs it to get it... as you may understand.

Hopefully somebody answers this post.

Wish you all the very best

Re: Free (I guess) Berger Bullets

Very cool of you. Choose wisely. Better yet, don't ask for these unless you really need/deserve them.

Sir, if that is true and you truly believe that you need these bullets and that they will come to good use or at least give you some joy then they are yours. PM me if that's the situation
smile.gif

Guys, I'm happy that you seem to like my idea
smile.gif
I was a bit worried that wrong people would ask for them but hopefully it will become something good or fun at the end :€

Great idea and thing you did, also nice to see we have a class act group of people here on the Hide.

Topstrap

I wonder how many its for?

Wouldn't it be crazy if it was for a supply for life! lol
grin.gif

Choose wisely Swede... Check content of previous posts!

Call, check how many you get and sell the slip in the exchange.

Pretty cool, I'll have to check my Berger boxes to see if I'm as lucky as you.

You are a prince among men sir. Just remember no good deed goes unpunished. I have given a couple cars away to people that appeared to be in need...suffice it to say they weren't, so we may keep this post short. I will tell you I don't need the bullets but would like to offer my essay in an attempt at entertainment purposes only.

I used to be pretty high up the corporate ladder when I worked for a now failed energy company, Lets call the company Enron. I had bonuses a plenty and let's just say I got by ok.
When my company tanked the checks stopped and hard times took their toll. Yes, I had a decent severance package unlike some in the company but I wasn't gonna turn the money down. My wife and I had to sell our Rolls and the Beemer and buy a Lexus and a Cadillac Escalade, times was hard. To make a long story short I no longer have the 1000 square foot gun vault and loading room, and had to move into a smaller house that only affords me 500 square feet, and now I am reduced to standard door locks and several stand alone safes. I have been reduced to keeping less than 5000 bullets on hand for reloading each caliber. In these tough times a man like me sure could use some free bullets."Hey buddy, could you spare a hundred VLD's?"

Yeah, I was actually surprised. I was thinking that a lot more people would ask for them then it actually was. I may say that I do have two good candidates so far. But I'll give it a day more, just so I really can help someone out
smile.gif

With my luck... I wouldn't be surprised :p
Great idea about previous post thou, thanks
smile.gif

Thank you sir, I do hope that they come to a good home... It sounds almost like I'm giving away puppies
wink.gif

I do get you point with the story. Thanks.

LongRangeSweden, good on ya for doing this. I hope it works out for you, as much as it works out for the end recipient. Not enough of this anymore.

Rmorpl8chikn, that is a good story. I know how some people are 'hurting' and times are sooooooo tough for them. Whereas there are so many other:

1-3 yr enlistees into the services who're still trying to make a life. Possibly with a wife and/or child, even.

Not for nothing, but to give your gift to a 'new' soldier who's starting out, AND is a member here that is showing interest in the shooting sports (parallel OR outside of their current scope) is a viable quest.

just my thoughts, is all.

Good idea Sean, I like it, maybe the Swede will as well.

I agree, and that was kinda my point with the story. Some people fair better during layoffs and failed companies than others. Some people look really, really poor, but then you find out they have trust funds set up that will take care of them for the rest of their lives. I gave a kid a car that "looked" real poor,literally lived in a shack. Turns out he was the recipient of a class action lawsuit that gives him a dose of money every so many years. When his first installment came in he passed off the nice car I gave him, to his welfare milking brood sow aunt. Went and bought a brand new loaded Mustang. When he ran through the money he was back to square one broke as ever with NO car. Last I heard he was waiting for that next installment.
A really notable guy once said,"The poor we have with us always." I believe that speaks to the fact that ultimately the poor oftentimes will be poor because of their nature in handling money. Some people simply can't be helped no matter what you do for them.

I do agree with him. To be honest I'm mostly waiting for people to ask for the code and also give me a reason to why they should have it.

I do understand what you mean with your story and I do agree with you. But let's say that their is a family, a couple of kids and one income. Let's say that one of these kids love shooting, or that it may bring some extra food on the table... Or a poor student who can't afford the bullets.

I hope that you understand what I mean
smile.gif

how about a poor electrician that can't afford bullets? does that count? plus i've been thinking about trying the 215 hybrids.

Of course it does. I will wait with my choice about 24 h more. So that people do get a fair chance. I will keep you in mind.

Help me with my stress management! I am a medical student who is on the verge of tearing his hair out from studying/practicals/examinations. Also, I am living on student loans so money isn't exactly abdundant. Some reloading/shooting with some nice new bergers would really help me out.

lol i need some free bullets to reload im only 19 and going to school so i dont have alot of money to spend on bullets and for my age it rare for people my age to reload ammo i think i like reloading my own ammo and love shooting my 700 please
smile.gif

So, I want to start of this post by saying that I'm truly impressed of the respons that I got these last days. I'm surprised that so many men said that they didn't need these bullets, to give them to someone that is in need. That says a lot about you. The shooting community would be nowhere without you.

I was actually prepared for a s@!tstorm of mail with people bagging for this so called gift. Nope, nothing, just a couple of students, one family dad and one (as I understand it) marine.

When it came down to the line I couldn't offer these bullets to the students even thou I've been in the same situation a couple years ago. The thing is, by not having the economy I have today made me a better shooter, I made every shot count. I truly believe that if they really love this 'sport' then they'll push forward no matter what.

It came down to two men, actually three but one of them disappeared from my inbox (can someone take away my mail without me knowing??)

Mceod; he told me a lot about himself, things that I won't write here but he seemd to be a good choice for this "gift". He made a honorable choice and backing out when he heard about this other gentleman and his story. Mceod I hope to hear from you again.

Tdow; five kids, one income, I don't need to say anything more. Sir, the bullets are yours. I hope that they'll give you some joy. If you hunt, maybe some extra food on the table as well. I will be waiting for an update and some pictures
wink.gif

This was a very interesting experience and I thank once again for the positive response.

your a hell of a guy longrangesweden not many would do what you did. hopefully karma rewards you for your generosity

Good Choice LongRangeSweden.

I was one of the students that responded to the post hoping for some nice new Berger bullets. But now as I reflect on my own situation, and thinking about Tdow's situation, I feel that LongRangeSweden made the best choice. I think I'll be able to manage with the hornady Amax's I normally use.

Hopefully the kids get good use out of the bullets.

LongRangeSweden is a class act. It's pretty humbling to hear the backstory behind his reasoning and all the work he did to choose a recipient. Needless to say I'm very thankful for the gift. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to pay it forward.

Thanks again.

Triceratops3, I do realize that its tough to be a student nowadays. At the same time it is a part of life that I believe will make you to an even better young man. Use SH as much as as possible and practice when ever you get the chance.

I wish you the very best and I hope to hear from you again
smile.gif