• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing From pillars to a DBM questions

Re: From pillars to a DBM questions

An hour or two on a mill and it's done.

Already having th epillars in the stock is a good thing. Put the stock in the mill, and open it up to accept whatever DBM you plan on running.

Or send it off and have someone re-cut it on a CNC. Once you have done one stock with a Dremal or on a manual mill you'll never want to do it again.

Having the pillars is great as long as the inlet is cut correctly for the DM.

It is not currently cut for any DBM, just the standard Remmy floor plate.

Thank you all for the advice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George Mac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is not currently cut for any DBM, just the standard Remmy floor plate.

Thank you all for the advice.

</div></div>

This is actually a good thing, as doing the inlet for the DBM will be much easier. Let me know if you need any help George....

cdiprecision.com did mine. Im limited on tools and the guy said $60 shipped he will do it. He did a great job the only thing is usually the DBM is universal so you have to tap the roll pin out of it and bench grind the mag catch lever to fit your weapon. Im assuming that you have the SPS Tac as do i, so you cant expect perfection on the hogue stock due to the rubber. if you get a large diameter screwdriver and heat it with a torch you can clean that rubber up after its been cut.