• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors front serations on my usp45t

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
thinking about getting serations on the font of my slide any one think its worth it ? robar said they can do it for 145 any one know any one else that can beform this job

Re: front serations on my usp45t

Only the user can say whether or not to do it. Although i'm guessing the vast majority will be on my side and say hell no don't do it...

i like the idea of it but wont bother doing it to my 9sd till it needs to be refinished, then its getting front serrations and np3.

Unless you are doing it strictly for looks, go with skateboard tape. It is cheap, grippy, and you can remove it.

Josh

Not a fan of front serrations, but it is your gun. There is no reason to have your fingers near the muzzle IMO.

my pistol does need refinnished, the only bad thing about front serations is the fact its going to cost 145 bucks to get it done ouch

Front serrations can lead to accidental placement of you fingers in front of the barrel. Sometimes can promote incomplete "pull back" and not have enough force to chamber a round properly. They also can interfere with holstering into a tight leather holster. Only good point I can think of is for looks. But whatever is your preference.

I wouldn't do it because it isn't functional at all...it isn't going to look like what you probably think it will because of the scallop and markings on the front of the slide that will keep you from having serrations the entire height of the slide...and it is $145 that would be better spent on more ammo, mags, etc.

Here is a link to what forward slide serrations on the USP (not a tactical) look like. To each their own...but they are pretty fugly IMO:

http://img265.imageshack.us/i/40uspot7.jpg/

that is not what iam talking about, i want them to be just like the mark 23 socom hk pistol and i think that looks awsome

Well it is your pistol, so have at it if you like the way it looks and you have the money to burn. While it is at Robar, you should also have them NP3 your internals and Roguard your slide (although refinishing your slide may be incl. in the $145 price they quoted you).

Be sure to post pics once you get it back.

arnt the usp internals np3'ed or is it just the slide ? personally i would love to have my slide finnished in a deep gloss black finnish instead of the dull np3 finnish thats on it now

unless your doing press checks underwater or with ky on your hands they are unneccesary. i wouldnt want to chop into my usp. to each his own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> arnt the usp internals np3'ed or is it just the slide ? personally i would love to have my slide finnished in a deep gloss black finnish instead of the dull np3 finnish thats on it now </div></div>

Nothing on the USP's is NP3'd. NP3 is an electroless nickel/teflon mix that yeilds a satin stainless (almost dull grey) finish on externals. When applied to internals, it has numerous advantages, including corrosion resistance, lubricity which smooths out actions/reduces friction/drag, etc. Take a look at Robar's site for more info:

http://www.robarguns.com/np3.htm

There are also tons of pics on Robar's site and elsewhere on the net that will give you an idea of the color.

Roguard is Robar's proprietary black finish...it isn't by any means "polished" or gloss...it is Matte Black which looks right at home on the USP pistols.

i did check out robars sight about np3 but i can almost stake my life on the slide atleast being np3 finnished.

Personally I think it is uber fucking ghey to want to make something look like something that is is not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i did check out robars sight about np3 but i can almost stake my life on the slide atleast being np3 finnished. </div></div>

Your USP Tactical has a matte black/blued finish that HK calls their "Hostile Environment" or "HE" finish. NP3 is Gray/Stainless. There is no confusing the two....its night and day.

Unless you got your Tactical used and someone else has had the slide refinished in NP3...it didn't come from HK that way.

thanks for correcting me, i must have read somtheing wrong back in the day.

No problem, sir.

As for this whole process...as you can see, things get expensive quickly and you have to ask yourself if at the end of the day it is worth it to spend the money when you consider what you'll have in the end.

For example...

$25 to strip the finish from your slide (required for milling work and before refinishing job unless included in the $140-145 price for the serrations)
$140-145 (you have 2 different numbers) to mill the forward slide serrations
$225 to Roguard the slide and NP3 your internals (or just $120 to Roguard the slide which you'll have to have done one way or another because of the milling of the slide serrations destroying the existing HE finish)
$25 (give or take) for insured shipping of your slide to Robar
$25 (give or take) for insured return shipping to you from Robar

So...to get the forward slide serrations done, you are looking at $335 to $445 depending on the route you chose to take.

By all means, please understand that I am not criticizing Robar at all...I have had a sh!tload of work done by them over the years, including refinishing and other custom work on pistols. Their work is 110% first class and their prices and turn-around are pretty reasonable.

Just know what you are getting into before you do it.

If you like chewing up the inside of your nice leather holster, have at it...

1. i dont use a leather holster i use a serpa.

2. i ( personally ) think front serations are "mean" looking

for 145 the serations get cut by robar, that does not mean i cant find a cheaper price some where else. the only thing holding me back is where to get a vary nice glossy black finnish at.

having a usp tactical that looks vary diffrent from every one elses usp tactical.... priceless

Actually, I saw a USP with front serrations about 4 years ago on HKPro...and the P2000, P30, and HK45 have OEM front serrations too. My suggestion, if you are committed to this endeavor, is to get the gun refinished with some bad ass paint because that serpa is gonna wear your finish like you wouldn't believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. i dont use a leather holster i use a serpa.

2. i ( personally ) think front serations are "mean" looking

for 145 the serations get cut by robar, that does not mean i cant find a cheaper price some where else. the only thing holding me back is where to get a vary nice glossy black finnish at.

having a usp tactical that looks vary diffrent from every one elses usp tactical.... priceless </div></div>

Try these.....budget friendly for about $20. I have no doubt your workmanship can churn up something "different". Black UMP, so many times I wanted to suggest you quit flagging your posts with the exclamation point, but then we would all unknowingly pass over gems like these. Keep up the good work, buddy
wink.gif

PAI-358.jpg

diamond_file_set.jpg

i actually flag them so i dont pass them up... ya know i never though of a file..... hmmmmmmm you could be on to somthing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 396chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out hkpro.com IMHO its the best site for h&k. I know a couple guys over there have the front serrations, as for a gloss black finish look at http://www.fordsguns.com/ they have a black nickel finish that is amazing. I believe that it would look alot like the 50th anniversary editions of the usp http://v2.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=168271264 </div></div>

the finnish of that usp is exactly what iam looking for thanks for the heads up bud

take it to a local machine milling shop. bet they can do what you want for a lot cheaper and will be just as good. it's just cnc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is not what iam talking about, i want them to be just like the mark 23 socom hk pistol and i think that looks awsome</div></div>
hkmark23tactical41sj.jpg

maybe I'm blind but I don't see front serrations.

cause thats a civilian mk23 iam talking about the mk 23 mod 0 military version

your display pic is pretty fucking gay, what kind of fuckin homo pic is that any way ?

If you go to the trouble and expense of customizing this pistol the way you are talking, I would sure as for crap make sure that I loose that SERPA holster and find something in a nice leather. The SERPA is great, I am carrying in one now, but based on how it works with my serrated 1911 stainless, it will eat the hell out of your finish, in particularly around the serrations. Every time I draw my pistol, it has little bits of black SERPA in the serrations and more polish in the stainless!

ya it is scratching my usps finnish as well... maybe a finnish such as kg gun kote will stand up to it or maybe some slight modding to the serpa. hard to say

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here----->>> http://arms2.narod.ru/Info/Pistols/USA/07.htm is a real mk 23 socom</div></div>

Are you sure that is a real one? I have seen some pictures of some Military Mk 23's floating around, but never with the forward cocking serrations. I was looking, and did find a picture of an airsoft Mk 23 with the same serial number and cocking serrations.

http://www.justpistols.co.uk/tmmk23.htm

ETA: Also the US-GOVT marking seems odd

ETA2: Looks like the early pistols had FCS, cut doesn't look like it made it on to production guns.

ETA3: That pistol you linked is definitely airsoft. Look at the sites and the ringed hammer.

i linked to an airsoft only cause i cannot find the offical mark 23 socom websight well the unofficial sight.

i have seen socoms with front serations ( mod-0 models ) they also have the fronts of the trigger guards ( on the early models ) with a threaded insert, and the vary first ones had a slide lock so you should shoot with out the slide cycleing, then unlock to cycle the action.

mod-0's have front serations, for the life of me i cannot find that websight it was somthing like mk23.com or somthing like that.

i have seen a mod-0 and a mk 23 marked "hk mk23 ussocom" mod-0 had serations and the ussocom and civilian ones do not

http://hkpro.com/index.php?option=c...d=49:the-qsocomq&catid=6:the-pistols&Itemid=5

Ok scroll down and look at all of the pics, some of the have the front serrations some don't. I also believe the mod-0 have the serrations and the ussocom don't. The slide lock was only on the very early prototypes it never made it to any production guns military or civilian. All MK23's have the the threaded insert, it is used to keep the LAM on the rail as the rail is open in the front. Also in 04 date code AE they made a limited edition run of 500 tan frame mk23s, and those have the HE finish not the usual Semi-gloss black maritime finish.

I usually just pass on by with threads like this, but...

It is extremely obvious that the majority of members here are saying it is a bad idea, serves absolutely no purpose, is expensive and the money would be better spent on ammunition and steel targets.
smile.gif

You seem to already know what you want to do. As Nike would say...Just do it. If you are not going to take the advice people give you, it is really better not to ask for it.