• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frontier 68gr?

clark33

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2019
I recall a few years ago people were having issues with the frontier 68gr 223 ammo (going kaboom in a bad way). Has anyone tried it twice with success? Looking for a more affordable mk12 mod h plinking ammo.

Last edited:
clark33,

I recall the issues from the past as well. However, recently I have shot the 5.56 versions of the 68 grain and 75 grain Frontier offerings for the last two years and have great results. All of my barrels shoot both the 68 and 75 grain versions well...with no kabooms.

I shot about 800 rounds of the 75 grain offerings in a recent class and several of the other students were shooting the 75 grain Frontier offering too. For clarification, all the examples I know of were shooting the 5.56 version.

BC

Thank you both for the info, thats good to hear.

Just went through 500 rounds of the 5.56 68 grainers. No issues and shot very accurate. Picked up another 500 of the 75 gr.

Reactions: clark33
I had Hornady 75 grain Super Preformance blowing primers right and left. Called Hornady who seemed to have no interest.

The thousands of rds of .204 ammo I have shot has been superb.

I had Hornady 75 grain Super Preformance blowing primers right and left.

Superformance ammunition is intended for rifle length gas systems without a suppressor (or bolt guns). If using something different, an adjustable gas block can be needed.

hornady_superformance_graph_of_gas_syste-2836986.jpg