• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Frontier on Netflix

The Fur trade business during the British, and French debacle over Canada back in the 1700’s. Awesome show, 3 seasons 6 episodes a piece. Has kept me on the edge of my seat for over a week now.

I liked the early episodes, but like a lot of these serial type shows, they just get a bit too far out with some stuff for me. I like the historical aspect, and how throughout time there are always people finding ways to make bank on whatever situation, but adding all the personal soap-opera type drama just dilutes that for me.
Isn't the lead guy the one playing Aquaman now too?

It wouldn't be half bad if Jason Mamoa wasn't in it. He's a terrible actor....at best.

I'm still trying to figure out how they can walk from the Arctic to New York to Paris without a single packet of supplies and do it faster than an SR-71. Naturally, most of the world is filled with gay lovers and natives with more business sense than Warren Buffet.

• Haha
Reactions: verdugo60
I'm still trying to figure out how they can walk from the Arctic to New York to Paris without a single packet of supplies and do it faster than an SR-71.

Yes.....this!
I have been very well dressed for some hunting trips and after a few hours I get so cold that my fingers don't work well anymore. Usually evident by my not being able to zip my zipper on my pants back up, so I just leave it. And that is after a few hours in temps that are still above zero. They do trips for days across the frozen north wearing next to nothing and don't carry anything along.
And with shows like this, once you start seeing the flaws and inconsistencies, you end up seeing nothing but flaws and inconsistencies.

I have watched bits and pieces and just couldn't get into it. Some of my friends absolutely enjoy it though so I don't doubt it's very good, just not for me I guess.

Didn't mean to resurrect this older thread but started watching this and pretty much binge watched it. And I never watch tv. Interesting era. Very bloody. The assault on the Scottish castle was damn good.

I’m bumping this. Just spent the last three weeks watching this series with my future son in law. After the first season, where boatloads of brandy go down the throats of the characters,I decided that we shouldn’t be left out and we worked through two bottles of Armagnac.

Buy good stuff, watch the show. The attack on a Scottish castle as dusk is settling is just amazing.

Reactions: 223Pete
Well there is Mary, the bar maid turned murderous vigilante....

Reactions: 223Pete
Apparently Canada isn't very big, they walk from one side to the other in a few hours. And the Arctic isn't that cold since they can live outside for extended periods without hats or gloves or blankets at night. Sailing to England only takes a day or two, it is great that the world was so small back then.