• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors FTE with Compensator

NY700

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2009
Dallas
So just playing around I installed a storm creek barrel and YHM compensator on my M&P 9mm. Not having enough compression to fully cycle the action i dropped the recoil spring all the way down to 12 lbs. have tried factory loads 115gr-147gr and handloads in the same range and all though better, its still not fully cycling and wont eject the spent round or the new round will jam half way. Do i simply need to run hotter rounds or will i be dangerously exceeding pressure thresh holds or is there some other mod to make. its a blast to shoot with the comp on it, about the same recoil and muzzle rise as my mark III .22 Here is a link to the comp im running. maybe just too many ports?
http://yankeehillmachine.com/store/product544.html
thanks

Re: FTE with Compensator

I had cycling issues with my Glock 17L with a Jager comp. I was running 124gt +p with a 13rd recoil spring. Called Jeger and they said go with an 11lb spring. That did the trick. Hot Ammo and a really light spring seems the way to go...

were you handloading? and f so can i ask what recipe you were running

it is a handload, but not mine as i do not load..its a local guy here in SE MI. i can give you his number if you would like