• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Fun Evening with 6.5x47

jpistolero02

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
Austin, TX
I got tired of shooting at crappy metal targets and decided to treat myself to a better target. The plate is 20" and the painted inner circle is just shy of 3". I was shooting from 920 yards with light wind around 5mph. It took me 2 shots to get on target and then I didn't miss the next 14 shots. I am still very new to the game so it's not super impressive, but I feel I am getting better with each outing. I have ordered an anti-cant level because I struggle with items in the distance throwing me off. The rifle is a re-barreled Remington varmint shooting Berger 130's.

cf117e52b1deac0ee40d363bb84cb464_zps7484ccbd.jpg

Good shooting sir. You picked an excellent caliber to go with. It looks like your doing very well, especially for a beginner. Your vertical is actually pretty good. It looks like the wind was messing with you a little though. Consitant hits at 920 in any amount of wind is always pretty good. Keep at it and you will always improve.

Thanks you sir. The furthest 2 shots left were my first 2 hits and then I adjusted and got a nice little 3 shot cluster and then adjusted again and fired the rest. My target was hanging from a tree and the trunk isn't straight up and down and I have to catch myself or I keep my crosshairs in line with the trunk. Hopefully the level will give me a little check.