• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

I answer the door like this...well, not the suit jacket.

1694344078761.png

Last edited:
View attachment 8223955
We had no idea at the time, we were living the best of it.

Ever seen one of those cabs fold forward during use? I watched a driver roll up to an intersection for the red light, the cab tilted to the maintenance position as he was decelerating. He rolled through, while unintentionally making a slight left turn, towards the '71 Gran Fury that my Mom and myself were in. I remember hollering, in my primary school voice, something to the effect of "back up, back up, put it in reverse". She got to neutral. The truck clipped us and continued on, to stop a little further on. For a while, I wouldn't ride in the front seat of any vehicle, given the choice. We were fine, physically. The driver ended up with a tweaked back from his unconventional body position through all this.

Good times, in general, though. 😄

Keith

Bifringence is pretty cool. it's likely the cause of having to adjust vertical and wind holds at some ranges at some times of day. I think there is a somewhat famous series of pics of this effect with a fixed scope.

Until Tensor Calculus came along in the late 1800s, the effect could not be quantified.

Look up Pleochroism.

Reactions: Ichi
Bifringence is pretty cool. it's likely the cause of having to adjust vertical and wind holds at some ranges at some times of day. I think there is a somewhat famous series of pics of this effect with a fixed scope.

Until Tensor Calculus came along in the late 1800s, the effect could not be quantified.

Look up Pleochroism.

Reminds me of old Leica cameras that in order to focus you superimposed the twin images onto each other.

Probably a different mechanical function than this but made me think of it.

ditto the ranging systems on 16 inch naval rifles.

Reactions: Ichi and Keith E.
Reminds me of old Leica cameras that in order to focus you superimposed the twin images onto each other.

Probably a different mechanical function than this but made me think of it.

ditto the ranging systems on 16 inch naval rifles.

I got to work with Del Wiseman, an old school solar astronomer, when I was in HS. I recall he mentioned optics on battleships when discussing polarization.

Reactions: Glowworm
I got to work with Del Wiseman, an old school solar astronomer, when I was in HS. I recall he mentioned optics on battleships when discussing polarization.
Looking at Edward Hoppers paintings I’m convinced dude had a genetic mutation that made him see in polarization before polarization was invented.