• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

FFD8300B-CC12-4387-A8F2-EAA18AAD8BF4.png

DC9AD3F9-2146-403C-B5AC-6775E49F6C55.png

Should have posted before the trip lol. Olmstead point. Yosemite was conducting a controlled burn in the valley hence the haze. Base camp was in Mammoth Lake. One day we drove to Crowley to see the columns, are you referring to Benton Crossing? View attachment 8260957
Benton Crossing. When you pass the bluffs on your right (west) you can search for arrowheads both at the bottom and top of the bluffs. I found literally hundreds back about 40 years ago.
The Feather Stone mineis close to Lee Vinning, but lots of featherstone occurs outside the mine area. Amazing yard stuff. You mention Mammoth, down at Red's Meadows, is a hot springs, used to be in a hut, but might not be there anymore. If you can get to Hot Creek, either via the old church road or from north of the airport, it is where they filmed North to Alaska, John Wayne's Claim. Good soak.

Reactions: jungle45 and MJF
Naw, they had a crap ton of small pickup trucks back then. This pic is about 78-79. When this pic was taken, I was driving a 1970 Toyota Hilux pickup.

Yeah... I only figured a bit later as the Camaro or firebird looks a bit rode hard and put away wet... By the early '80's we teens could afford some pretty cool older muscle cars cheap. But not the gas! ;-)

But agree... any time between about 76 and 84 totally fits.

BTW, love the movie "Dazed and Confused." Set Austin 1976. Might as well have been VT in 1982... We were always a decade behind on everything.

Sirhr

Reactions: MJF
This is on a piece of land my Great Grandfather had in Harney County back in the late 1800's Its owned by Roaring Springs Ranch now. It's off South Steens Road
It’s amazing how all that land was home steaded back in the day. Ranch-hands would go into town once a year get paid get drunk and then stumble over to the courthouse and sign the deed over to the ranch owner.

Wonder how much juniper and sage brush were shoved into that hearth over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: lariat and Modoc
It’s amazing how all that land was home steaded back in the day. Ranch-hands would go into town once a year get paid get drunk and then stumble over to the courthouse and sign the deed over to the ranch owner.

Wonder how much juniper and sage brush were shoved into that hearth over the years.
My family didn't really know my GGpa owned any land over there since he was homesteading up in Washington state. We knew we had a cousin that had a ranch NW of Delintment Lake and an aunt that was a teacher at Pine Creek School. When I was searching records for exactly where his place was is when I found my GGpa's property. He owned quite a few different parcels in that vicinity apparently.

I can smell that fire! I can't imagine being there all winter.

My family didn't really know my GGpa owned any land over there since he was homesteading up in Washington state. We knew we had a cousin that had a ranch NW of Delintment Lake and an aunt that was a teacher at Pine Creek School. When I was searching records for exactly where his place was is when I found my GGpa's property. He owned quite a few different parcels in that vicinity apparently.

I can smell that fire! I can't imagine being there all winter.
50 years ago I had the old timers in that area telling me that the Eastern Oregon winters and the winters all over the Pacific northwest for that matter were much more severe.
The old boys told me they couldn't feed sagebrush into those old airtight stoves fast enough.
Said they'd get the old stove so hot and burning so hard it literally jump up and down on the floor.
One old boy was telling me how it would be so cold they wouldn't go out and use the outhouse.
Just crap on a paper plate and throw it in the stove.