• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

50 years ago I had the old timers in that area telling me that the Eastern Oregon winters and the winters all over the Pacific northwest for that matter were much more severe.
The old boys told me they couldn't feed sagebrush into those old airtight stoves fast enough.
Said they'd get the old stove so hot and burning so hard it literally jump up and down on the floor.
One old boy was telling me how it would be so cold they wouldn't go out and use the outhouse.
Just crap on a paper plate and throw it in the stove.
My grandfather told me stories about hanging his pants the bed and jumping up out of bed to put clothes on by the fire. Nobody got out of bed before the parents got it good and roaring.

Image 23.jpeg

Washington, 1939...
Caption
Family who traveled by freight train. Washington, Toppenish, Yakima Valley...
Source
Library of Congress (Dorothea Lange photographer)

We of the people, as a nation, are now so weak we've completely lost our way.

Last edited:
View attachment 8263134
Washington, 1939...
Caption
Source

We of the people, as a nation, are so weak we've completely lost our way.
These pictures while very important really bother me. I see a father that can’t provide for his family, is beyond ashamed and there is no one to listen or able to help. It’s all on him and there are no solutions. There is a quiet burden a real man and husband has for his family, and not meeting that need is a true, deep misery of the soul only the man knows. He can’t even convey it. And it eats him away, every day. What else is the family to do but trust and follow? And look to him. He grasps at straws, knowing that nothing is working out, everyone has their own problems and no one cares. He has to look at his wife and wonder if she still has confidence in him, loves him any longer or if she is still hanging on because there aren’t any other options. All the hope that was there on the wedding day is gone, it’s just day to day coping and hoping. And that works on him even more. I see these pictures and just see pain, and know that even worse is coming: WW2.

These pictures while very important really bother me. I see a father that can’t provide for his family, is beyond ashamed and there is no one to listen or able to help. It’s all on him and there are no solutions. There is a quiet burden a real man and husband has for his family, and not meeting that need is a true, deep misery of the soul only the man knows. He can’t even convey it. And it eats him away, every day. What else is the family to do but trust and follow? And look to him. He grasps at straws, knowing that nothing is working out, everyone has their own problems and no one cares. He has to look at his wife and wonder if she still has confidence in him, loves him any longer or if she is still hanging on because there aren’t any other options. All the hope that was there on the wedding day is gone, it’s just day to day coping and hoping. And that works on him even more. I see these pictures and just see pain, and know that even worse is coming: WW2.

Those days are returning.......

• Sad
Reactions: mtrmn

I see someone sitting around, waiting. Waiting for someone to do something for him. Instead, he should be up and doing something for his family and himself.

Our current generation is the same, they just look different.

Seems like the times don't really change much at all.

Psst. I see a man doing whatever is necessary to improve his family's circumstance. He'll probably kill a bunch Nazis just 2 years later and return a hero in the eyes of his loving wife, children, and nation.

Psst. I see a man doing whatever is necessary to improve his family's circumstance. He'll probably kill a bunch Nazis just 2 years later and return a hero in the eyes of his loving wife, children, and nation.
No disagreement about that. I’m more talking about the mental aspects of the condition of it all within the context of the society of married men at that time.
IMG_0179.jpeg

IMG_0180.jpeg

View attachment 8263134
Washington, 1939...
Caption
Source

We of the people, as a nation, are now so weak we've completely lost our way.

Showing off his white privilege. That bastard.

• Sad
Reactions: Keith E. and klf
You know, I’ve hated Roseanne Barr for years. It’s sure makes it hard to love her now. But this is frikkin gold. 😆
And that fat fuck Meathead was SCREAMING for support Ukraine and probably still is.

He is a fucking scumbag... Note that all the dumbass Holly libtards are fat-asses... Michael Moore, Meathead, Amy Schumer, Oprah... They are fat, ugly and got lucky to be successful. And now they are screaming liberal flaming assholes.

Sirhr

And that fat fuck Meathead was SCREAMING for support Ukraine and probably still is.

He is a fucking scumbag... Note that all the dumbass Holly libtards are fat-asses... Michael Moore, Meathead, Amy Schumer, Oprah... They are fat, ugly and got lucky to be successful. And now they are screaming liberal flaming assholes.

Sirhr
We are living Revenge of the Nerds.