• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Me of the little hands gang…..

View attachment 8271386

I don't have a photo but I do have a story....hay its me I have stories about lots of things.

Back in the mid 80's my wife was a manager of a book store at the mall. At the end of day she would take all the money CC receipts and take them to the night drop at the bank.

You see children in the old days people paid for things with this green paper that had pictures of people on it. And with a credit card you put it in this big metal thing and set the price and date on these little wheels then rolled this roller over it, and it would imprint on the paper. This is why some credit cards still have raised numbers on them.

Well around this time of year it was not uncommon for the deposit to cross 5 figures in CASH.

So a 19yr old girl that is 5'2" sorry honey you are 5'2" you never hit 5'3" and weighs 100lbs is walking alone in the dark at a mall with 12k in cash on them it really is not a good deal.

Nothing ever happened to her, but one of the other smaller stores their person got pistol whipped, Goodfellas style. And IIRC JCPenney just got robbed and they had three people take the deposit out. Likely to make sure the employee did not just make up being robbed.

So before CCW was a common thing she started to carry that little Jframe. She never used it, but always had it, and she says she always had her hand on it in the parking lot, she always wore a jacket.

She really wanted an automatic, but was talked into the wheel gun. Argument was if you shoot it in your jacket pocket, the automatic will likely only fire once, the revolver has a better chance to fire again. And to get it working again all you need to do is pull the trigger again.

It was good advice and I pass that on to this day. If you are not a "gun person" and just want a "defense" gun get a revolver, no tap and rack drills, no limp wristed worries, if it does not work just pull the trigger again.

I still have the little Jframe.

68CE2168-934D-465F-A13B-E153B2AF47CA.gif

I used to be big into anything RC for over 20 years. Then just woke up one day and was done with it. Still have a garage full of stuff I need to get rid of.
Same, I still look at my planes and cars and think I should play with that stuff again. In my front yard I can still fly, I don't think anyone would have issues. Same with cars, at one time I had a good sized track in the back "yard". I also raced every weekend.

I tried to go back, it is not the same.

Reactions: HPIguy
Same, I still look at my planes and cars and think I should play with that stuff again. In my front yard I can still fly, I don't think anyone would have issues. Same with cars, at one time I had a good sized track in the back "yard". I also raced every weekend.

My brother-inlaw was a writer for many of the RC magazines - so he got new free toys to play with and review every month. After awhile his home was overrun with the stuff, and he knew that selling it where people knew who he was would be an issue. So whenever he'd come to AZ for a flying or racing competition - he would bring me the previous generation of toys, and leave them. We constructed an offroad track in my backyard and the kids enjoyed racing at home for a long time. I've still got RC stuff stashed all over the place that survived the kids, but it's not my "thing".

My little brother was into RC cars and planes for a bit, then stopped.

He passed away about a month ago and I need to figure out to whom I can give his stuff. Taking up space in the garage...

Ideas?

M

• Sad
Reactions: Devildog
My little brother was into RC cars and planes for a bit, then stopped.

He passed away about a month ago and I need to figure out to whom I can give his stuff. Taking up space in the garage...

Ideas?

M
If it is the "old stuff" some of it is quite valuable.....as in quite. A single vintage car can be well over $500 if it is in good shape, and the correct one.

Like most things along these lines it takes a great deal of effort to go through this stuff and say this is trash and this is not. Even things like old brushed speed controllers are of value to the vintage people out there.

The other issue is getting someone that knows, says it is just junk and gives you $50 for it knowing it is worth 10x that. Even if I want it gone I don't want to give it away. I have no interest in it, if you say it is worth $600 how bout you give me $250, and call it a day. I feel robbed even if I don't want it at $50. That could be a me thing however.

Some hobby stores will take used stuff if it is in good shape, that is going to be like selling your fully kitted out rig to a gun store that knows nothing about just what makes it worth so much.

I have zero interest in it, I will say that up front. Post up some photos and I will tell you what I think.

There is also a site called RCGroups that is very big (or was) in the RC world....just checked they still exist, don't remember my password.

Actually there may be an observable correlation. If you accept a broad interpretation of 'copycat' the chart below sure shows a consistent increase. Some due no doubt to population increase, but far from entirely. Copy cat could be interpreted as loosely as "What you learn you repeat" or the like. Perhaps that the more we see it the more we become accustomed to it and accept it.View attachment 8271301

View attachment 8271301
government also redefined 'mass' shooting in order to prop up the numbers

Reactions: Maggot
I dodnt know who this guy is but this stuff cracked me u[.

1699991658797.png

·
The Genius of Steven Wright:
1 - I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
2 - Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back.
3 - Half the people you know are below average.
4 - 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
5 - 82.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
6 - A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.
7 - A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
8 - If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.
9 - All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand.
10 - The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
11 - I almost had a psychic girlfriend, ..... But she left me before we met.
12 - OK, so what's the speed of dark?
13 - How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
14 - If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
15 - Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
16 - When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
17 - Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
18 - Hard work pays off in the future; laziness pays off now.
19 - I intend to live forever ... So far, so good.
20 - If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
21 - Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
22 - What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
23 - My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
24 - Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?
25 - If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
26 - A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
27 - Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
28 - The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.
29 - To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.
30 - The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
31 - The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
32 - The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it.
33 - Everyone has a photographic memory; some just don't have film.
34 - If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
35 - If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work.

I dodnt know who this guy is but this stuff cracked me u[.

View attachment 8272109
·
The Genius of Steven Wright:
1 - I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
2 - Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back.
3 - Half the people you know are below average.
4 - 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
5 - 82.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
6 - A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.
7 - A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
8 - If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.
9 - All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand.
10 - The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
11 - I almost had a psychic girlfriend, ..... But she left me before we met.
12 - OK, so what's the speed of dark?
13 - How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
14 - If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
15 - Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
16 - When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
17 - Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
18 - Hard work pays off in the future; laziness pays off now.
19 - I intend to live forever ... So far, so good.
20 - If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
21 - Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
22 - What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
23 - My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
24 - Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?
25 - If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
26 - A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
27 - Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
28 - The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.
29 - To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.
30 - The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
31 - The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
32 - The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it.
33 - Everyone has a photographic memory; some just don't have film.
34 - If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
35 - If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work.

What??? Dude can pass off a great joke with a straight face, he had a GREAT and FUNNY as hell 1 hour stand up out there.

It is called "re kitting it"
I was off on some free time in Switzerland and as was my thing I’d hop on my bike and pedal places.

One day I came across this field with dudes flying their RC planes.

In Switzerland if you do something you do it in a place designed for it. So this wasn’t just an open field it was a designed RC airport. If their is not a special place for your hobby it’s probably prohibited.

As I sat their watching this one aircraft my issue pager went off and that plane suddenly banked at that exact moment and went in the trees.

I don’t know what kind of power the US Mission pager system put out but it made me wonder.

Reactions: Eddystone