• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Back in the day, I was probably 11 or so, we had some ice followed by a little snow. A couple buddies and I grabbed our steel runner sleds and headed to a spot in town that had a long run down a sidewalk for about 300 yards. I led off and flew down the sidewalk, but when I got to the bottom my buddies were way back. I walked back up the hill and the guy behind me, either couldn't see due to snow flying up or just lost control a bit, can't remember which, but he ran head on into a telephone pole between the sidewalk and the curb. Bloody face, out-of-it, etc. We helped him home and dropped him off at the door, no use of us getting chewed on...lol. He told his mom he thought he broke his nose. She told him to go to bed and sleep it off, he was fine. When he got up in the morning he was black and blue, swollen and couldn't breathe through his nose. Nose and sinus surgery put him back in commission. "Just walk it off, you're fine...":ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
1704378399809.jpeg

In about 2003, a friend of mine bought a Bimota motorcycle. Absolutely amazing machine hand-made in Italy using either a Ducati or a (Kawasaki?) engine. I think his was Kawasaki. New in the 1990's, they were $30 grand when a new Harley loaded dresser was half that. Beautiful machine, engineering and workmanship.

Except the wiring. The wiring, it seems, was pieced together from whatever was lying around the factory. Use a new 6 foot length of wire for a circuit? Mama Mia... no! Gorlami! Take a piece of black wire and a piece of green wire and splice them in the middle with shrink tube and then run through a conduit and hook to the circuit. Wiring diagram? None. No wiring would ever need to be done on an Italian bike. There were 3 feet pieces of wire made up of three different pieces of different-colored wire with two splices. Red goes in to the conduit, green is 'in' the conduit... and pink comes out of the conduit.

Needless to say, every wire was removed from the bike (buddy is an EE) and completely re-wired. Which was a nightmare on a complex sport bike, even with 1980's technology.

Remember this: The best car in the world will be styled by the Italians, engineered by the British and Built by the Germans. The worst car in the world wil be styled by the Germans, engineered by the Italians and built by the British.

It's funny because it's true!

Cheers,

Sirhr
Sure that wasn't a Lucas wiring harness?

But she has given sorta approval and permission to build a .22 Trainer. (As long as it is lighter than my Precision Rifles, something I am in agreement with). Old age and all the shit they are finding about my left eye and the causes of the problem are really pissing me off….Oh to be 25 again.

IMG_2628.jpeg

Why do I need her permission, it’s not the money this time, she is really concerned about my health.

But she won’t let me shoot any matches this spring and I already planned to go to three. :(

In about 2003, a friend of mine bought a Bimota motorcycle. Absolutely amazing machine hand-made in Italy using either a Ducati or a (Kawasaki?) engine. I think his was Kawasaki. New in the 1990's, they were $30 grand when a new Harley loaded dresser was half that. Beautiful machine, engineering and workmanship.

Except the wiring. The wiring, it seems, was pieced together from whatever was lying around the factory. Use a new 6 foot length of wire for a circuit? Mama Mia... no! Gorlami! Take a piece of black wire and a piece of green wire and splice them in the middle with shrink tube and then run through a conduit and hook to the circuit. Wiring diagram? None. No wiring would ever need to be done on an Italian bike. There were 3 feet pieces of wire made up of three different pieces of different-colored wire with two splices. Red goes in to the conduit, green is 'in' the conduit... and pink comes out of the conduit.

Needless to say, every wire was removed from the bike (buddy is an EE) and completely re-wired. Which was a nightmare on a complex sport bike, even with 1980's technology.

Remember this: The best car in the world will be styled by the Italians, engineered by the British and Built by the Germans. The worst car in the world wil be styled by the Germans, engineered by the Italians and built by the British.

Cheers,

Sirhr
That sounds like my 1966 International Scout with the slant 4. I had an incident where the magic smoke was released from the electrical system and we rebuilt the wiring harness. The shop manuals listed all of these wires by individual colors, but when we tore into it EVERYTHING was Orange. Checked out another one in town and all of it‘s wiring was Red. And a third was all Green🙄😵‍💫.

I wish that I still had it, but………

Cheers,

Sirhr
Stereotypes exist for a reason. I have done the LBC thing quite a bit.

Some of it is a bad wrap because of 60 years of "owners fixing" this or that. Some of it is just flat BAD bad. The rear suspension on a spitfire....good god that is horrid.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic

Cheers,

Sirhr

First Gen Dodge pickups: 1,000,000 mile motor in a 100,000 mile chassis with a 18,000 mile electrical system.

Thank you,
MrSmith

That's the problem, who decides who stays and who dies. It's not us as we don't have the power to make that happen. So, we are probably on the list of who goes.
Oh, I'm sure we are on somebody's list of people they want to see go away...

Back in the day, I was probably 11 or so, we had some ice followed by a little snow. A couple buddies and I grabbed our steel runner sleds and headed to a spot in town that had a long run down a sidewalk for about 300 yards. I led off and flew down the sidewalk, but when I got to the bottom my buddies were way back. I walked back up the hill and the guy behind me, either couldn't see due to snow flying up or just lost control a bit, can't remember which, but he ran head on into a telephone pole between the sidewalk and the curb. Bloody face, out-of-it, etc. We helped him home and dropped him off at the door, no use of us getting chewed on...lol. He told his mom he thought he broke his nose. She told him to go to bed and sleep it off, he was fine. When he got up in the morning he was black and blue, swollen and couldn't breathe through his nose. Nose and sinus surgery put him back in commission. "Just walk it off, you're fine...":ROFLMAO:
That is the way it worked.

Back when I was about 6 I got the bright idea if I wore roller skates and had the dog on the leash she would pull me around. I had trouble explaining what happened to my left eyebrow.

I was in the emergency room a great deal, like most kids I loved Evel Knievel. A few jumps resulted in stitches.

I remember being in the hospital emergency room and them asking me, did your mother hit you.....no I fell off my bike.....did your mother smack you...no I fell off my bike. And this was in the 70's.

I was no stranger to hurting my self with some real wicked jumps.

Reactions: 502Chevelle

Cheers,

Sirhr
From one of my visits to Switzerland years ago:

Heaven is where the cooks are French, the lovers Italian, the Police British, the mechanics German, and it's all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the cooks are British, the lovers Swiss, the Police German, the mechanics French, and it's all organized by the Italians.

Finally manged to score some factory ammo for my Smith and Wesson M-frame. Stuff is damn near impossible to get.

View attachment 8310796

The entire Internet: “You mean your N-Frame because there is no such thing as an M-frame and how hard is it to find .44 Magnum rounds??!”

Me: “did I stutter?”

The original Smith and Wesson M-frame Ladysmith in .22 Long. Shoots great with CB long’s. They are just a bitch to find!

View attachment 8310795

Next to an early N-Frame .44 mag.

Found CB Long ammo at Buffalo Outfitters in Oh last Week. Still a great little toy gun!

Sirhr
l see what you did there
Ladysmith
they are just a bitch to find!

This weekend’s weather alert.

View attachment 8314455
Considering the cold rain we usually get, a foot of snow would be wonderful.

Nothing worse than looking out at grey skies, low clouds, rain and 34 degrees. Did I mention the humidity in North Louisiana. Makes Florida feel like a desert? Where it comes from, I have not a clue, but when the swimming pool we call an atmosphere, meets up with temperatures that on a sunny day would almost be shorts and tee shirt weather, it feels worse than -14F with snow on the ground.

That sounds like my 1966 International Scout with the slant 4. I had an incident where the magic smoke was released from the electrical system and we rebuilt the wiring harness. The shop manuals listed all of these wires by individual colors, but when we tore into it EVERYTHING was Orange. Checked out another one in town and all of it‘s wiring was Red. And a third was all Green🙄😵‍💫.

I wish that I still had it, but………
🤣🤣That's an old IH joke.....just follow the green wire. In the Scout ll's every Mutha Fawking wire in it is green......Except for the charge wire from the alternator.....it's blue.

Reactions: mtrmn and Modoc
Be glad you never owned a 90's Mercedes Benz.

Former Benz tech & probably the biggest Mercedes homer here. Unfortunately, yes I concur. There were some pretty significant common problems that plagued all of them. And if you had to pay someone to basic work but couldn’t justify the added expense of someone who knew really knew their way around the cars it could spiral out of control pretty quickly

But man, when you had all of the deferred maintenance taken care of they are amazing

Reactions: Kamerad

That said… screw minivans. Give me a classic analog with design and style and raw power over a committee-derived jellybean with a computer for an engine any day.

Oh and which one will still be on the road in 50 years… or 100. Not the one with computers and made of plastic!

Sirhr

True.

Rose colored glasses are the rule on old cars.

Only when it comes to performance data.

When a real COPO Yenko parks next to a computerized jellybean 2022 SC LT… no one will be looking at the one that runs off an operating system and has “magnetic traction control” whatever the hell that is.

IMG_8223.jpeg

Just ‘sayin!